• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Yea they have them on there website, on gold coins and they are bottom of the first page, paid £234.50 each with free delivery

they also have 2018 for £232+ and old head for just over £243. 

I still have a little money left over for a half sov but they don't have any for sale, but I will probs just save for my next full now

i thought they were best value Edward or George sovs but they are just split up into each monarch 

Edited by Micky9776

On 25/09/2017 at 21:53, augur said:

Sorry but I don't see anything peeling. If you mean the dark areas, that's just reflections of the photographic equipment because of the convex design of the rose. The BU is even harder to photograph than the proof. Or am I missing something?

Just seen your coin it is a beautiful coin, I'm looking for the smaller ones but are out of my price range, but I will get one for my collection. Thank you very much for sharing. ?

40 minutes ago, gazer said:

Just seen your coin it is a beautiful coin, I'm looking for the smaller ones but are out of my price range, but I will get one for my collection. Thank you very much for sharing. ?

They didn't do any BU in 1989 other than the quintuple sovereign...

You can get the proof sovereigns in the smaller sizes. Value wise the double proof sovereign is probably best since you get this intricate design larger for little more (sometimes the same) than the proof sovereign. 

54 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Another order gone in today :

5 X 50g Valcambi gold combibars.

Getting shipped from Canada along with the previous 100g proof Panda so cant see these arriving this side of Xmas but ill have a mini post Xmas present opening session.

827511_orig.jpg

I looked into these a little while ago.  A mate was suggesting them and I reckoned they would be a bit pricey in term of spot +  Turns out they are not a bad price at all and I was wrong.  Look really cute too.  Not sure I can ever see them being snapped up and used as currency but they are an interesting idea.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Put in my final purchase for 2017 for 25oz of silver.

That takes me to 523oz accumulated in 2017, and a total of 1325oz. 

I also have 1oz of gold.

Will have additional financial commitments next year but I think I should be able to add roughly another 500oz or whatever the equivilent in gold is the GSR moderates back to a level I'm happy to buy at. Bring on the zombie apocalypse!

Edited by vand

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com