• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ChrisSIlver

Today I bought.....

7 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

.I think what some people can't understand that this is a collectors coin and not something you'd be stacking........Premiums are always paid on collectors coins

I wouldn't touch a collectors coin not from a major mint or long history 

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Thanks @Bullionbilly another is in the pipeline that is virtually paid for, just waiting on the dealers actual price before finalising. Auragentum has already increased their buy back price by €300 in 24hrs

Speaking of which, auragentum has a Rooster available

https://auragentum.de/1-unze-goldmuenze-ruanda-lunar-hahn-2017

@shortstack68 if you need me to look after 1 or both of them drop me a PM :D

7 minutes ago, Jester said:

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

1887 Double Florin w/ Roman "I" in date

1887DblFlorinRomanI.jpg.1fecfaaa782dfe6c9dd1ad3cd582a58d.jpg

1887 Proof Sixpence (Withdrawn Type) Shield & Garter Reverse

1887Sixpence.jpg.e1a5f0f565e1e1a5050090a2f3b439c6.jpg

Bookending my EVII Sixpences with this 1902

1902Sixpence.jpg.13740c0663be7e89e57f15b5dc0e6f3e.jpg

Loving those 2 sixpences, not a huge fan of the Viccy Doubles though, but still a quality coin

17 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

@shortstack68 if you need me to look after 1 or both of them drop me a PM :D

I’ll keep you in mind. 😏

41 minutes ago, Kman said:

I wouldn't touch a collectors coin not from a major mint or long history 

If you know what you’re buying and what to pay then you’ll make money, I mentioned a few months back I sold a hammered gold piece and made 2k within 6 months, so it’s not to be sneezed at

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

Was there 2 different types of these? This one is described as

The Royal Mint - Limited Edition Presentation (600pcs)

The Britannia 2014 collection Five-ounce Silver Proof coin, in Box, with COA, Booklet and drawing

The other version will be the US version, NGC graded as 'one of the first 750 struck'. Together they meet the max mintage of 1,350 coins. 

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

If you know what you’re buying and what to pay then you’ll make money, I mentioned a few months back I sold a hammered gold piece and made 2k within 6 months, so it’s not to be sneezed at

Oh yeah that seemed like a great bit of business, but I assume a hammered gold coin would have a long rich history of established prices and sales 

In planning for the completion of my EVII Sixpences (1902 - 1910), I've been on the look out for good examples of the harder to find rare 1904 and scarce 1905.  I was able to talk the seller down on this nice example of the 1904 6P in pretty decent condition based on general availability and the condition of those I have seen for sale.

1904Sixpence.jpg.e7ca259cd3dfa6b55418570cde785d86.jpg1904Sixpence2.jpg.cf5621c411e2ed78a9a80890d2911927.jpg1904Sixpence3.jpg.1440fdcfc74b76b4ec4cfe09b0fd56df.jpg1904Sixpence4.jpg.eca9644091f686a1c3a5cd98dee8249a.jpg

Edited by Jester