• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ChrisSIlver

Today I bought.....

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, vand said:

Are there any common or garden variety stackers still around? Or have you all progressed to slabbed numismatic collecting snobs?

I only ask because, well because basic silver is very cheap at the moment, but judging by the posts on this thread nobody gets excited unless it comes in a case and has a mintage in single figures..

 

(I just bought my monthly 20-something ounces of boring silver FWIW).

I stack and collect. So yes. 

They have different strategies but I aim to have 2500 governmental coins by April.

** Also a lot of people who buy from me buy purely just governmental coins. Some by the coin some by the tube.

Edited by oliversw5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vand said:

Are there any common or garden variety stackers still around? Or have you all progressed to slabbed numismatic collecting snobs?

I only ask because, well because basic silver is very cheap at the moment, but judging by the posts on this thread nobody gets excited unless it comes in a case and has a mintage in single figures..

 

(I just bought my monthly 20-something ounces of boring silver FWIW).

Buy bullion silver to pay my builder with.  Stack gold, any gold - don't care where it's from; in fact, to tell the truth, I'm a complete slut when it comes to (cheap) gold 🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oliversw5 said:

I stack and collect. So yes. 

They have different strategies but I aim to have 2500 governmental coins by April.

** Also a lot of people who buy from me buy purely just governmental coins. Some by the coin some by the tube.

That's what I call proper stacking. Nice going.

Can't fault you for getting involved at both ends of the market, it's good to have all bases covered. I stack physical silver bullion and consider that my bread and butter but also have exposure to platinum and gold-mining shares. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vand said:

That's what I call proper stacking. Nice going.

Can't fault you for getting involved at both ends of the market, it's good to have all bases covered. I stack physical silver bullion and consider that my bread and butter but also have exposure to platinum and gold-mining shares. 

 

 

I think I will stop then, my stack doesnt include other stuff Ive acquired. For example I have the first 4 years of the silver kiwi coins and Ive seen some of them go for 400 euros. I get frustrated with the argument of one or the other, any one who knows me knows that I am really passionate about collecting and buying and selling. I also get very frustrated with the argument that you can only sell at spot, its rubbish but many try to pedal it! Silver gives you a lot of options, if I buy bullion I try and buy from th cheapest source in quantity to sell on for a small profit, I also use my network to source stuff for people, I also can find 'pockets' of backdated coins that small dealers have hoarded and I can get the price I need by snapping them up. If I rock up to Apmex they will laugh at m, if I contact a small dealer and put 2k on the table they will sit down and talk. This is the lower end of the market which is more liquid, the higher end of the market is less liquid and its about finding the right customer for your items. Its a knowledge based game and your skill set should dictate what you buy (for when you sell).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually want to add to that. Most people don't understand the psychology of buying and selling. There will be situations where you are a price taker and situations where you are a price giver. You want to be the latter when you come to sell. There are many methods you can use, I won't go into it too much because one day Ill put it into a book and sell my knowledge (thats what everyone else seems to do). I will give a scenario though, if you own high end coins if you go to an auction you are a price taker and its luck of the draw. If you have the network and you know your friends and other collectors you can become a price giver. People do business with their friends and as long as the price is fair you can dictate more, by doing this you make money by your knowledge and your skill set. Ill offer another example, if you have just pure bullion you are a price taker, there will be a market equilibrium (thats changes everyday) and you want to make sure you are under the curve when buying so that there is room to sell and make money. The higher your skill level the more potential money you can make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the early dip in gold but I have bought a 1 oz gold unicorn from chards today.

I have begun trading out of the Royal Mint Lunar series after the disaster that was the year of the dog design and buying the queens beasts instead. So far I have only had to give up a tiny amount of gain in terms of £ lost to sale and premium spread to do this, but I have been lucky with my timing, until today of course :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDave said:

I missed the early dip in gold but I have bought a 1 oz gold unicorn from chards today.

I have begun trading out of the Royal Mint Lunar series after the disaster that was the year of the dog design and buying the queens beasts instead. So far I have only had to give up a tiny amount of gain in terms of £ lost to sale and premium spread to do this, but I have been lucky with my timing, until today of course :P

Is that your old coins in the pre owned section of Atties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

Just bought a 2017 1 Oz Silver APOCALYPSE GRIM REAPER Coin WITH 24K BLACK RUTHENIUM from First Coin Company in the USA.

Love the detail and colour.

Don't often buy coloured coins or rounds but did buy an Ares when they first came out.

You are lucky to get one for less than US$1000 now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the Rwanda Dog last night. Dealer sent a newsletter at 4pm saying it was going on sale at 7pm, 1 coin per customer, so jumped on at 6:55pm and it eventually went live, 4 clicks later and got one, refreshed the page and they were sold out. Auragentum had 30 and they are gone now, but i guess they have another few tucked away for a later date.

Seems a lot of people are pissed off with the price, but putting it into context, the RM Unicorn 1oz Proof will set you back £1850 and has a higher mintage, i paid much less for this Rwanda Dog...........I think what some people can't understand that this is a collectors coin and not something you'd be stacking........Premiums are always paid on collectors coins

Screenshot 2017-10-06 21.47.41.png

Edited by shortstack68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what Goldsilver.be list for - I was watching a video by shadowstack and he mentions their are some underhanded dealers possibly waiting for other dealers to sell out before they list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mondy41 said:

It will be interesting to see what Goldsilver.be list for - I was watching a video by shadowstack and he mentions their are some underhanded dealers possibly waiting for other dealers to sell out before they list.

I'd have to agree about the other dealers waiting. The most expensive was €1890 by Auragentum so far and they have now sold out but i think they have a few more in the background for a later date. Kettner was at €1790 i believe, still waiting to see what @muenzdachs will be listing for as he hasn't put any up, i'm not even sure if GSBE will list any as i know he's had enquiries about these even before the pre-sale, so how many he's already sold beforehand is anyone' guess, but it's obvious the momentum on these hasn't slowed down any.........

I haven't seen any real sales of the proof as yet either, no one seems to be listing them just now, just a few here and there, Kettner and silver-sammler but not seen anyone else who has multiples for sale as yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Bought the Rwanda Dog last night. Dealer sent a newsletter at 4pm saying it was going on sale at 7pm, 1 coin per customer, so jumped on at 6:55pm and it eventually went live, 4 clicks later and got one, refreshed the page and they were sold out. Auragentum had 30 and they are gone now, but i guess they have another few tucked away for a later date.

Seems a lot of people are pissed off with the price, but putting it into context, the RM Unicorn 1oz Proof will set you back £1850 and has a higher mintage, i paid much less for this Rwanda Dog...........I think what some people can't understand that this is a collectors coin and not something you'd be stacking........Premiums are always paid on collectors coins

Screenshot 2017-10-06 21.47.41.png

Really hoping to get my hands on one of these. Well done on getting one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Really hoping to get my hands on one of these. Well done on getting one

Thanks @Bullionbilly another is in the pipeline that is virtually paid for, just waiting on the dealers actual price before finalising. Auragentum has already increased their buy back price by €300 in 24hrs

Speaking of which, auragentum has a Rooster available

https://auragentum.de/1-unze-goldmuenze-ruanda-lunar-hahn-2017

Edited by shortstack68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now