• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

ChrisSIlver

Today I bought.....

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Was Columbus connected in some way to Rwanda? Isn't it landlocked? 

If you're asking me in a roundabout way why there's a ship motif you'd be better asking directly at those who make the coins. Apparently it's a nautical themed yearly offering, the reasoning behind the theme I can't answer

Edited by shortstack68

Can't find any reference to a Nautical Ounce (not even on Wikipedia :) ).  The coin's overall theme/design looks nice but it's got a lot going on (the ship, lines of latitude/longitude, the compass rose, the name of the ship, rope border, astrolabe, compass, spyglass, etc.).  Perhaps if they just left off "Nautical Ounce" since it doesn't seem like that means anything and moved "Santa Maria" to that area of the coin in the same font as "Nautical Ounce" it might help clean it up a bit.  Just my two nautical cents...

Edited by Jester

My daughter turned 1 year old and I decided that I will start a silver bullion collection for her. I will buy all the typical bullion coins since she was born (2016) and when she is 18 it would be a good gift, don't you think? I plan to buy only the series that change design year after year and maybe the special britannias, maples that change its design from time to time.

This is my first order:

1 oz silver NIUE 2017 ATHENIAN OWL
1 oz silver KANGAROO 2017
1 oz silver NOAH'S ARK Armenia
WIENER PHILHARMONIKER - 1 oz silver 2017
1 oz silver MAPLE LEAF 2017
1 oz silver BRITANNIA 2017
1 oz silver U.S. Silver EAGLE 2017
1 oz silver SOMALIA ELEPHANT 2018
1 oz silver SOMALIA ELEPHANT 2016
1 oz silver SOMALIA ELEPHANT 2017
1 oz silver KOALA 2017
1 oz silver BRITANNIA 2017 - 20th Anniversary
1 oz silver KOALA 2016

On 17/08/2017 at 19:51, shortstack68 said:

If you're asking me in a roundabout way why there's a ship motif you'd be better asking directly at those who make the coins. Apparently it's a nautical themed yearly offering, the reasoning behind the theme I can't answer

Same design yearly ? Or different 

28 minutes ago, realbluegold said:

My daughter turned 1 year old and I decided that I will start a silver bullion collection for her. I will buy all the typical bullion coins since she was born (2016) and when she is 18 it would be a good gift, don't you think? I plan to buy only the series that change design year after year and maybe the special britannias, maples that change its design from time to time.

This is my first order:

1 oz silver NIUE 2017 ATHENIAN OWL
1 oz silver KANGAROO 2017
1 oz silver NOAH'S ARK Armenia
WIENER PHILHARMONIKER - 1 oz silver 2017
1 oz silver MAPLE LEAF 2017
1 oz silver BRITANNIA 2017
1 oz silver U.S. Silver EAGLE 2017
1 oz silver SOMALIA ELEPHANT 2018
1 oz silver SOMALIA ELEPHANT 2016
1 oz silver SOMALIA ELEPHANT 2017
1 oz silver KOALA 2017