• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

37 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

£532 all in at the time of purchase. That price didn't last long!

I ordered and got one at that price and it literally changed to £799 within a minute. If I hadn't got it at £532 i'd be passing at the current price.

I wonder if these sites have an auto price rise when a certain amount of stock is left and my buy tipped it over the edgte or there is some panicky bod sat there realising these things are flying out the door rather quickly and its completely random!

7 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

Ouch

As I tend to go for the older stuff I looked at the prices for their 'old coins':o £1279 for a 1/3guniea which is usually about £250 absolute tops in that condition!

I am obviously in the wrong job, but I would happily sell them my higher grade examples for half their selling price:lol:

A 1/10oz Gold Britannia PCGS PR69 from Ebay for basically nothing.

I have zero cash after a big splurge last month and had to get the BU Sov on 0% finance so had no intention of buying anything else for a bit but......

I completed 3 Nectar/Ebay challenges so was expecting a nectar bonus but nearly fell over when they added 18,000 points which equates to £90 Ebay vouchers :D

They may have made a mistake so I quickly redeemed for Ebay vouchers and purchased this with some other Ebay vouchers I was saving up. Worst case scenario if Nectar realise their mistake is I have a negative nectar balance and Nectar have given me an advance ;)

4 hours ago, metallica73 said:

I completed 3 Nectar/Ebay challenges so was expecting a nectar bonus but nearly fell over when they added 18,000 points which equates to £90 Ebay vouchers :D

What are the challenges mate? I've got my card linked but not heard of these, anything to get bonus points would be nice ?

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

What are the challenges mate? I've got my card linked but not heard of these, anything to get bonus points would be nice ?

They'll have ended now, but the last challenge was buying something over £10 when their 8x Nectar points offer was on (duh?) . The bonus offers were not on the Ebay website, I either had them sent to me in a Nectar email or by looking on the Nectar site and activating it from there. The promotion was called the 'Bank Holiday Challenge' and ended May 26.

Always worth checking the Nectar spammy emails! I'm still in 2 minds as to whether someone at Nectar has messed up and got fat fingers adding an extra 0 to my bonus.

18 minutes ago, Kman said:

Looks shiny and rubbed down on the higher points, maybe an ex mount 

Could just be its 207 years old , most of the Victorian sovereigns shown on here have worn high points but are not as old as this coin , these coins in worse condition than this one are selling on Ebay for £100 + more than what i payed , so i am happy .

1 hour ago, Silvergun said:

Could just be its 207 years old , most of the Victorian sovereigns shown on here have worn high points but are not as old as this coin , these coins in worse condition than this one are selling on Ebay for £100 + more than what i payed , so i am happy .

Cleaned jewellery has a very distinctive rounded shiny finish that's different from normal wear and tear, like this Vicotoria - https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wOMAAOSwA29Y5o0g/s-l500.jpg

The wear just has a more fluid look, almost looks wet 

Not trying to be rude sorry, just didn't know if you're buying it as a problem coin. 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

23 minutes ago, KDave said:

I have copied numistackers idea and used some nectar to buy a sovereign from eBay, with the cash back and 10X bonus nectar it works out at 9% under spot. UK seller, not sure of year or condition yet but I couldn't say no! 

Great idea buy how to get 10x bonus nectar points ? 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, KDave said:

Check your email possibly you may have the offer to activate, 10X nectar points for 24 hours on all purchases. 

I think it ends in 9 minutes, might be a tad late :ph34r:

Whenever there is a nectar offer available to everyone, if you click on the ebay homepage there is often a banner along the top with the offer

Edited by metallica73

22 hours ago, mr-dead said:

Just grabbed a few more gold OZs from Hatton Garden :

3 X 1oz Krugerrands

2 X 1oz Eagles

1 X Mexican 50 Peso (my second fav coin ever, just behind the 20 peso)

I would have bought that peso had you not bought it. I would have had one of the old American coins as well.

Got their last cheap sovereign.