• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

ChrisSIlver

Today I bought.....

51 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

Finaly got my hands on a 1995 NGC MS69 panda, microdate for a decent price

Would love to see a pic or two of your Panda collection...it's gotta be impressive.  Congrats on the pick-up!

Just had a big gold splurge today.

Ordered:

5 X 1oz gold Krugerrands from Hatton Garden

1oz 30th anniversary Brittannia from atkinsons

1oz 2017 maple from atkinsons

1oz 2017 buffalo from atkinsons

1oz 2017 Philharmonic from atkinsons

1oz 2017 Kangaroo from atkinsons

And after all that someone posted here the new Queen's Beasts were up so grabbed a 1oz gold proof unicorn :)

Edited by mr-dead

Ordered:
1oz 30th anniversary Brittannia from atkinsosn
1oz 2017 maple from atkinsosn
1oz 2017 buffalo from atkinsosn
1oz 2017 Philharmonic from atkinsosn
1oz 2017 Kangaroo from atkinsosn

And after all that someone posted here the new Queen's Beasts were up so grabbed a 1oz gold proof unicorn

Nice haul there, thats more than I own in total :D

1 hour ago, mr-dead said:

Ordered:

1oz 30th anniversary Brittannia from atkinsons

1oz 2017 maple from atkinsons

1oz 2017 buffalo from atkinsons

1oz 2017 Philharmonic from atkinsons

1oz 2017 Kangaroo from atkinsons

And after all that someone posted here the new Queen's Beasts were up so grabbed a 1oz gold proof unicorn :)

Now that's what you call a splurge👌

Matalslug

Maybe your just thinking of the BofE notes when you say Brit notes are uninteresting?  There are other British banknotes and some are quite nice.  The British Linen bank. Commercial Bank and then National Commercial Bank of Scotland, North of Scotland bank, Union Bank of SCotland, Clydesdale and the other current Scottish banks.  Then the NI banks and Isle of Man notes from a number of banks.

My first Sovereign!  Won this 1918-I George V at Heritage Auctions for $300 ($352 w/ buyer's premium).  I've been sweating it all week since it posted.  There was some early action (starting bid was $150) and then tonight during the live bidding, nothing.  I'm stoked to have this to start my George V 1918 set.  It'll be on its way to NGC soon.

GeorgeVPic1.jpg.82c32b76d823402cabc65a9a491c0785.jpgGeorgeVPic2.jpg.ff5d19f8e8bf14c83bf1c2ab4f5bb043.jpg

Edited by Jester

An 1893 Philadelphia Morgan Dollar, via eBay and a European seller.  Pretty excited about this for two reasons. First - because when it arrives that will complete my simple date run ...with only 1895 missing (but they are impossibly rare ..so I will just have an empty tray slot for that year!).  

Second - it's graded an MS65 by PCGS...which (if genuine...knowing my luck!) would make it worth well over $1000.  It's an old style PCGS holder though....so fingers crossed that grade is still regarded as genuine😊, as I paid a lot less than $1000 for it.  

Will share pics of it when I get it - probably next weekend.  To be frank, when comparing pictures to MS65 sales on NGC website, the coin I bought looks closer to MS64 or MS63.  But if it's for real and MS65 I will not be rushing to break it out and reslab it....