• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

13 minutes ago, prophet800 said:

S on a sovereign is from the Sidney mint

Many thanks! I found an interesting link about the history of sovs, much to learn! That anniversary proof (the Perth one?) does look interesting.

Alas nothing unusual or particularly fancy here, just regular 2017 sovereigns, but I'm very pleased to say the least :)

Many thanks! I found an interesting link about the history of sovs, much to learn! That anniversary proof (the Perth one?) does look interesting.
Alas nothing unusual or particularly fancy here, just regular 2017 sovereigns, but I'm very pleased to say the least [emoji4]

The 200 privy might increase the value in the future.

Just bought 3 rare pandas in OMP

one -99 serif 1, and two -95 microdate

Agpanda could never be stopped from completing his Panda collection [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] Good luck with your grading on these coins

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

Just now, HyHy said:

Agpanda could never stopped from completing his Panda collection emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png Good luck with your grading on these coins

ty, I´m not sure this will go to grading as they still in OMP

Will have to decide when they arrive

ty, I´m not sure this will go to grading as they still in OMP
Will have to decide when they arrive

Well was trying to save up for the 2000 mirrored but recently was being distracted by all these new coins mints have been coming out recently

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

24 minutes ago, Micky9776 said:

Just bought a lucky dip sovereign from Atkinsons, won't receive now until Monday or Tuesday :( but on a plus side I have now completed my first gold goal of 100g! ? 

Fingers crossed for a old head sovereign as I don't have this type yet

Keep an eye out for the mint marks mind, my last from there was a 1930-SA which I was particularly chuffed about

23 minutes ago, Ares said:

Keep an eye out for the mint marks mind, my last from there was a 1930-SA which I was particularly chuffed about

Will do! Nice buy :) I put in the notes, if possible could I please have a old head or a SA minted sov as I need both of those, just need to play the waiting game now and hope it's not a modern one ?

Just now, Micky9776 said:

Will do! Nice buy :) I put in the notes, if possible could I please have a old head or a SA minted sov as I need both of those, just need to play the waiting game now and hope it's not a modern one ?

Roll of the dice i'm afraid, similarly once I bought 2 and got 2 2009's, it's whatever they have in :)

Talking of Sovereign mintmarks - I won a 1918 India Sovereign at auction yesterday. Just need a C now to complete my sov Mintmark set[emoji3]. Still need to get a few other sovs though, as I am also going for a representative from each decade of sovs. Got to keep pushing on. Might sell of some core modern bullion sovs to fund the more "collectable" ones.

Talking of Sovereign mintmarks - I won a 1918 India Sovereign at auction yesterday. Just need a C now to complete my sov Mintmark set[emoji3]. Still need to get a few other sovs though, as I am also going for a representative from each decade of sovs. Got to keep pushing on. Might sell of some core modern bullion sovs to fund the more "collectable" ones.

That old sovereign bug.. I have a dose of it myself