• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Just locally sourced a Perth Mint 1/4oz BU gold lunar 1996 series 1 year of the Rat (mintage 1390) - seemed a good price so jumped on it even though i don't collect these.

For the record $571 (464 gbp) delivered from a reputable dealer that mostly deals with ancient coins. I think that is an ok price having checked a bit beforehand and subsequently. I forced myself to move fairly quickly as it seemed a good price. Apmex is selling one on ebay for $1,300 (1,056 gbp). Then again, one on another forum sold for $750 (610 gbp) last June. So hopefully I haven't lost money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-1-4-oz-Gold-Lunar-Year-of-the-Rat-Series-I-SKU-9008-/141797223101?hash=item2103c5eabd:g:cNcAAOSw9mFWGDJy

Edited by Oldun

20 hours ago, Oldun said:

For the record $571 (464 gbp) delivered from a reputable dealer that mostly deals with ancient coins. I think that is an ok price having checked a bit beforehand and subsequently. I forced myself to move fairly quickly as it seemed a good price. Apmex is selling one on ebay for $1,300 (1,056 gbp). Then again, one on another forum sold for $750 (610 gbp) last June. So hopefully I haven't lost money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-1-4-oz-Gold-Lunar-Year-of-the-Rat-Series-I-SKU-9008-/141797223101?hash=item2103c5eabd:g:cNcAAOSw9mFWGDJy

Good price,  mostly around £750 - £800 the ones that I've seen. 

Yep. That is why I jumped on it - I will be offloading some regular bullion priced things to pay for it as I have been a very naughty buyer and gone full blast due to the exchange rate since Brexit, which has greatly favoured me by a factor of up to 35% compared to this time last year :)

Edited by Oldun

On 11/3/2016 at 00:29, Oldun said:

Bonus time. Confirmed as having been sent and the tax was included in the total price displayed so the cost delivered (free postage) was actually 426 gbp ($532) - happy with that.

I have relatives in the US, so they keep for me the coins I bought in the US. It is much cheaper than sending internationally. Most US dealers offer free domestic shipping and very often they have ridiculous high international shipping costs or they use ebay's global shipping program with taxes even for gold coins. I visit my relatives very often, so it's not a problem for me to wait a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, breaktwister said:

Bought my second proof sovereign from HGM last night (first buy was the 2017 proof). pic was of a 1996 for £272 they only had one in stock.

Is this a good deal? prices elsewhere seem much higher and I know there were no bullion sovs that year.

If you bought a proof sov from HGM most likely the coin will be handled.

3 hours ago, breaktwister said:

I never thought of that arshimo. it is all learning for me at this point. I guess handling might result in stains/marks? ill have to just wait and see!

If it's too marked or fingerprinted, complain and send it back. They're asking 9 or 10% premium for proofs in capsules but no box or coa now.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just cleaned Atkinsons out of their last 3 Krugerrand.

FYI: stocks are falling fast of everything...HGM have nothing, Atkinsons heading that way! Oops...I was only looking at 'pre-owned' at Atkinsons - looks like they've got a fair bit of new stock....

Edited by walesdave