• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Last week I Ordered 3 of these Dirk Hartog 400th Anniversary Coins, received these as well very quick order and...

Dirk Hartog Box.jpgDirk Hartog Coin.jpgDirk Hartog Presentation.jpg

And once able too, ordered with immediate effect 12 of these;

2nd in Series Royal Australian Mint - Northern Skies - 1oz Ursa Major Coins

joining my currently stacked 12 Cassiopeia Coins in my Numismatic collection.

Ursa major coin.jpg

Edited by shemyaza

On 6/30/2016 at 22:03, Keithoil said:

I bought 1 oz silver coins, mixture of Taku turtle, Maples, Eagles, Kangaroo, Panda (1995), Kookaburra, SBSS, and a few others worked out at £13.5/oz, around 24 coins.

Total is now over 2400 oz.

Glad to see you back mate. Your buying will help to put the silver price up even more. :)

After my own antiques road trip today around the antique centres of Somerset, Devon and Dorset, (the thought being that the stuff I'd seen previously as being a fraction too much over spot a month or so ago, would now be well under spot because the dealers won't have had a chance to get round all their cabinets to change the prices) along with some big ebay wins tonight, I have bought 1915g (56.95 ozt) of Sterling silver, at an average of a smidgeon under £14 an ozt.

I have totally wiped out my next few months budget, but hey ho.......its only money, and its not as though I've spent it on beer and women.......YET! 

On 05/07/2016 at 15:45, Oldun said:

lol. Just getting a couple of ducks in a row this year......yen gbp rate is just too good to pass up. this time last year it took almost 200 yen to buy 1 British squid. Now it takes just 134. 

66288651.jpg

The yen has done what? That is crazy.

Yep. Just bought a sov for 255 (nothing to do with any buys posted here recently) of your pounds and it was cheaper for me than it was if I were to have bought it last year or even earlier this year at a lower gbp price ! This year I have been backing up the truck while it lasts.......edit, currently 130 

Edited by Oldun

You only have to look at the gold prices in Yen, a year ago Gold was 140,582 yen an oz, today it's actually lower at 137,358 yen

Or  2.3% lower,

A year ago, gold was £725.71 and now £1055.31, a rise of 45%

But it is swings and roundabouts, whilst it may be great for someone in japan, who is still buying, anyone there wanting to sell is probably getting the hump. The opposite is of course true for people in the UK.  

I have been quietly communicating with @SilverStan over the last month or two regarding a couple of custom made silver orders including boxes and COA as gifts for family. It has been a engaging and fascinating journey and SilverStan has been awesome (and his missus) with their thoughtfulness and commitment to what they do. I haven't seen the finished products yet but will post when I get some pictures.

Edited by Oldun

23 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

You only have to look at the gold prices in Yen, a year ago Gold was 140,582 yen an oz, today it's actually lower at 137,358 yen

Or  2.3% lower,

A year ago, gold was £725.71 and now £1055.31, a rise of 45%

But it is swings and roundabouts, whilst it may be great for someone in japan, who is still buying, anyone there wanting to sell is probably getting the hump. The opposite is of course true for people in the UK.  

What people don't realise though is that on top of any premium, the buyer has to pay an 8% consumption tax. So the price of an ounce would be about 160,000-162,000 yen right now as of posting (checked with a couple of places online just now) for a Maple coin which currently equates (as of typing) to well over 1,220gbp.

However,the same current 2016 162,000 yen buys about 1.20 oz of the same thing in the GB

This time last year, the same 162,000 yen would have bought about 0.75oz in GB

Edited by Oldun

Yesterday was very silly on eBay and I failed to buy anything... All the early sovereigns pre 1838 I wanted went for way more than my budget. So I am investing the momey from my eBay sales into a new buy to let ))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Yesterday was very silly on eBay and I failed to buy anything... All the early sovereigns pre 1838 I wanted went for way more than my budget. So I am investing the momey from my eBay sales into a new buy to let ))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it was crazy, i didn't win anything either :(

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com