• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

I got a 10oz scottsdale bar for £145 off ebay. 

Sellers name is  afnbeckford . I see from his feedback that he has sold a few in the past. 

I do most of my buying from german companys and 10oz coins on STG atm are costing £155 so this is a real treat for me :D

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

On 11 June 2016 at 04:48, jayboat said:

I got a 10oz scottsdale bar for £145 off ebay. 

Sellers name is  afnbeckford . I see from his feedback that he has sold a few in the past. 

I do most of my buying from german companys and 10oz coins on STG atm are costing £155 so this is a real treat for me :D

Nice! Which type of bar did you get? Stacker, Reserve, Prey or a Tombstone ? 

I have been buying the old style poured 100g Scottsdales, and recently bought two of the Reserves, so I know what you mean about them being a treat?

Shame there are not more secondary sellers of Scottsdale in the UK..

Well I had two plays dialed in, was going to pull the trigger on one or the other. The first play was 6 pieces of bullion coins in my cart on JMBullion.com and the other was auto bids set up for 4 Pandas on ebay. I was checking silverprice.org for current silver prices and let the auto bids go thru on ebay as silver was sitting where it ended last week. I got 3 of the 4 Pandas, 2012, 2014 and 2015 for between $30 and $31 shipped. I went back to silverprice.org to check price for bullion coins and silver had cratered during the auction, which means I control the silver market !!!

So if you guys want to make good deals, watch what I do, then do the opposite......you'll make a killing !!!!  :D

4 hours ago, Lindeman said:

Nice! Which type of bar did you get? Stacker, Reserve, Prey or a Tombstone ? 

I have been buying the old style poured 100g Scottsdales, and recently bought two of the Reserves, so I know what you mean about them being a treat?

Shame there are not more secondary sellers of Scottsdale in the UK..

Its a stacker bar buddy, cant wait to get it. I like the look of the tombstone, maybe it'll come up at a good price sometime :)

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

i will must likely get 1 of those stackable capsules if it arrives in prefect condition, if its a bit worn, a cloth bag will do the job.

I only own 1 bar atm until this one arrives. I bought a 500g Baird&Co bar as a xmas gift for myself 2 years ago. Its pretty sweet, i like how its tricks me sometimes cause it heavier then it looks.

On 6/13/2016 at 06:56, oliversw5 said:

They are mighty fine bars!

Received it today, very fast shipping but the bar was banged up and stuff so i PM'd the seller and he offered me a £15 refund which is very fair i think. So i got a 10oz scottsdale stacker for £130. 

Yesterday I bought a 10 dollar liberty head from HGM. I have never seen one of these in person but at 3% over spot combined with the rise today I have already won on paper for the time being and it would not matter if the coin has been used as a poker chip. Still I would like my first US gold to be at least half decent, so please kindly wish me luck on the HGM lottery. Will post pictures on the other thread when it arrives. :D

Just picked up a roll of Lunar series 1 Tigers for 44 and change a piece, the guy has saved me a roll of Ox series 1 for 38.70 a piece. 

That will bring my investment to pretty much my 5k target and thus is the end of my stacking journey for now. :D

150 Pandas 40 Lunar horses 20 S1 Tigers and 20 S1 Ox. With an average of £21.57 (Ouch :P)

its been a pleasure guys, I will probably disappear back into the world of shares soon :D

Oh BTW, 

If anyone wants an Ox or a Tiger the guy has spares that I can pick up...

Couple of purchases tonight..

095970688dcf3323467fbe360c34675f.jpg

0e94c054fc5931fc8111b62f08ff7a41.jpg

2006 was one of the lowest mintage years for 1/20th

f64d7ffbeb96bf9b9a14341659b1b775.jpg

A lovely Ms shield back quite early too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame about those scratches and marks around the cheek area as that is a lovely coin. Good place to buy, Andreas has a lot of shields at the moment and ebay is currently cheap.

Compare the price of a quality shield with a bullion sovereign? The shields seem cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Shame about those scratches and marks around the cheek area as that is a lovely coin. Good place to buy, Andreas has a lot of shields at the moment and ebay is currently cheap.

except maybe this one...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1874-Queen-Victoria-Great-Britain-London-Mint-Gold-Sovereign-Coin/391483063051?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160608105753%26meid%3D2b95f1fcbb1444f3925a48bff4c0ceae%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D252428850249

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

oh and a new smart phone 4g, it was a birthday pressie for the wife. If I am lucky she may like some comments of mine on twitter and other social media! those longer term members from silver stackers may get my point ;) it's all good.

On 20/06/2016 at 22:50, sovereignsteve said:

So it's you pair who keep sniping me at the last minute on the sovs I've bid on. :)

Some jump up in price quite a bit just at the end but others go for good prices.  I thought I was going to end up winning a lot of shields all at once after I was locked out of Paypal earlier today because of a 2 step authentication problem.