• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Plenty of bargains on ebay. Took me 5 mins and a BIN offer and I have another 11 ozt of silver for under spot at £11.27 an oz.

This is easy money [emoji4]

What did you get?

5 sterling silver dinner forks. 1844 fully hallmarked. I'm getting quite good with my hallmarks now. It's fascinating stuff and I've picked up several items at scrap value but were made by very collectable makers or have regional city marks which make them worth quite a bit more than scrap. I love history and to be able to pick up items over 200 years old is a bit of a buzz.

I find "collecting" these items can be much more profitable than coins. Unlike coins. sellers quite often don't know what they have and with a little knowledge bargains can be had on a regular basis.

I'm seriously considering selling all my coins and going into sterling flatware exclusively. It gets my collector genes and researcher genes going, as well as being easy to sell when needed. I can buy below spot regularly. The usual ebay tricks of mispelt words and phrases often throw up bargains (much more than you see in the coin category). But items correctly spelt and correctly described nearly always go for well over spot even after ebay fees.

Oh yes I nearly forgot, I can also get the Goddards out without being made to feel as though I have committed some cardinal sin. ;)

Today i bought a 1914 pcgs ms64 sovereign. I massively overpaid for it, but i was in a mood.

I got paid on saturday, and couldnt find anything i wanted to spend it on. The website for the watch i want is offline till may, the queens beasts 1/4oz are not available....i needed to buy something!

Always wanted a 1914 though, just for the beginning of WW1. Makes me think of all those brave men and women heading off to war, not knowing the horror that would await them. Bittersweet.

Today i bought a 1914 pcgs ms64 sovereign. I massively overpaid for it, but i was in a mood.

I got paid on saturday, and couldnt find anything i wanted to spend it on. The website for the watch i want is offline till may, the queens beasts 1/4oz are not available....i needed to buy something!

Always wanted a 1914 though, just for the beginning of WW1. Makes me think of all those brave men and women heading off to war, not knowing the horror that would await them. Bittersweet.

Would that be PureTime )) ?

I was considering that too off Jon blyth.... good purchase, looks in good nick

I sent in an 1861 a while back that got detailed.. Hoping for AU58 or better with this...