• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Happened (!) to be strolling past a dealers and popped in. Picked this up for 98 quid (18,000 yen). Such a pity someone defaced this by putting a hole in it for a necklace. In good nick, these go for north of 500 quid.

Also picked up an 1862 and an 1872 (die no.28) shieldback (young head) Both in VF condition, averaged 225 and 230 respectively.

1827 1/2 sovereign

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

Edited by Oldun

Havn't bought any PM's for a while, but my 2000 nectar points bonus turned up. Along with my 2000 points I already had sitting there, I thought it would be time to find some cheap gold.

Found a German dealer I had used before, selling an Austrian 1915 1 ducat gold coin for 130.50 euros delivered.

Used my nectar points :) , used my credit card that gives free foreign transactions :), used TopCashback to get another 1.05% off :)

Leaving me with the equivalent of 3.44g of gold for the tidy price of around £74, or about 7% UNDER spot  

Well that's my Xmas pressie to me sorted  MG_179.gif

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

Yes I keep meaning to try it. Do you have to go through the TCB site every time you buy anything on ebay?

Yeah you do. I just bookmarked the ebay page on TCB, and click on that everytime I want to go on ebay. 

40 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Great stuff HT, I really must start using TCB on my ebay buys! 

When we are talking about a few percent here and there on pm's 1.05% is not to be sniffed at.

Oh and I forgot that my credit card gives me 0.5% cashback as well, so that's another few pence off the total :)

17 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

'Tis the season to be frugal.

Not just the season but always really. When I think about how much I must have spent on ebay over the last few years, 1% or so would have been enough to get me some free gold!

I must get one of these cashback CCs as well the one I use gets me airmiles which was OK but not sure they're as good or as useful to me any more.

What about the CC that enables you to pay direct in foreign currency with no charges, is that one from halifax? I must have wasted a fair bit on paypal conversions too.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Used £15 of nectar points on eBay (about $22) to reduce the price of this 2016 8g gold panda!

So $295 net and more nectar points and amex miles too

image.jpeg

On eBay in the US - another 1 oz proof silver Libertad in its box + COA, this one from 1986 which was the second year of the proofs and the biggest ever mintage (30,000) so these are quite easy to come by. $43 which is about £29. When I think about the beauty of these old Mexican proofs and compare to the UK Lunar proof series at £82 a piece I know which I prefer in terms of value /$ , although I confess I am collecting both! The Libertad curse has taken hold ....

2 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Picked up this 1852 2.5$ Liberty head. Dealer in Holland. Used top cashback and sending to USA.

770 estimated to have survived across all grades.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Weird that the available number should be so low given the mintage was over a 1.1 million and that the ngc site says it's one of the more readily available 2.5 dollar liberty heads.  It looks in quite good condition anyway so must have cost a bit.

Too much over spot for me to collect I'm afraid!. :)

• Founder & Administrator

Just bought a 1/10th 2016 Gold Elephant from CoinInvest https://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/african-wildlife/somalia-elephant-1-10-oz-gold-2016/ this is the first 1/10th oz elephant. The price is really good when you compaire against other 1/10th oz coins, i.e. look at the cost of a 1/10th oz Kangaroo in comparison.

Also I expect this 1/10th will increase nicely in premium as well. Interesting to see what the final mintages will be, I assume it is mint to demand.

Isn't any images of the 1/10th available yet, so here is a 1oz for reference...

auco6408_1.thumb.png.901aa3cf10fe507ea7c

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme