• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

• Founder & Administrator

Delivery is going to take a few weeks, but I will upload a stock photo......

Just realised though that currently can only add a photo into a thread if it is hosted elsewhere, by inserting a url. This obviously is not a good solution.

I am going to try and get something sorted so all users can upload photos directly to the forum. I will post once its all set up, hopefully shouldn't take me too long.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Interested in Travelling?
Join our sister forum: The Travel Forum and share your journey.
The Travel Forum

Today I bought a 2002 Britannia to complete my 2nd (and last) full date runs of Britannias.

Also bought a lunar series 1 rat / mouse. That's my third, and have a deal going for 2 more. That puts me nearly half way there!!!

Just sold a few bits and bobs on eBay so have £350 to drop on silver next week.

Probably will complete my date runs of fiji taku, Noah's arks, and philharmonic. There are a few others I fancy too.

Stacker since 2013

Delivery is going to take a few weeks, but I will upload a stock photo......

Just realised though that currently can only add a photo into a thread if it is hosted elsewhere, by inserting a url. This obviously is not a good solution.

I am going to try and get something sorted so all users can upload photos directly to the forum. I will post once its all set up, hopefully shouldn't take me too long.

Get Tapatalk going and you can host and link directly from there. I'm like a broken record lol.

Stacker since 2013

post-1-0-12771700-1394381494_thumb.jpg

Awesome, I just realised there is another way to upload photos. Need to click on "More Reply Options" on the bottom right, and then can upload and then "add to post" photos that you want.

I am currently unable to take any photos of any of my coins or bars as I am not currently at the same location my stack is (will hopefully be able to take some photos within the next few months) so if anyone else has any photos to share please do :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

The Travel Forum

Today I bought a 2002 Britannia to complete my 2nd (and last) full date runs of Britannias.

Also bought a lunar series 1 rat / mouse. That's my third, and have a deal going for 2 more. That puts me nearly half way there!!!

Just sold a few bits and bobs on eBay so have £350 to drop on silver next week.

Probably will complete my date runs of fiji taku, Noah's arks, and philharmonic. There are a few others I fancy too.

How many years is a full date run? I like the Fiji taku and Noah's ark coins, don't have any of either, nearly bought a tube of Noah's a while ago from Germany before the tax went up to 19% there, now I am regretting that I didn't, as the silver that is available tax free in EU is a bit limited.

What do you think of the philharmonics, compared to other bullion coins in the EU I think they work out the cheapest per oz. For some reason though I dislike them, there is something a bit boring about them.

p.s. don't worry I will get the tapatalk thing sorted shortly

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

1oz silver bullet, 

1/4 oz noahs arks x2

1/2 oz arks x2

Canadian maple 25th anniversary 

1/2 oz snake lunar 2

1oz koala 2013

1/2 oz koala 2012

1oz libertad x2

1.5 oz polarbear

somali elephants one 2013 and one 2014

2014 maple and 2014 kook.

phew.... thats this months buy. Average is about £17.70 an oz :P did good on that.

maple and the cook were more :( a lot more.

Today I finished off my taku and noah date sets (the sets are only small).

Also bought a Philly, eagle, falcon, koala, kookaburra, panda, and maple.

All 2014.

Need to decide the next set to start, it'll be whichever I like best out of the 7 coins above.

Stacker since 2013

hey what did that cost you?

Just thinking price difference between whats  most economical. but if your a collector your a collector.

1kg Lunar horse about €555, 1oz kooks about €19.70. Tax free from libertysilver.ee But have to add shipping on top, which is pretty expensive as have to arrange for a courier to collect from estonia.

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

Roll of 20 X 2014 Lunar Horses

Roll of 20 X 2003 Kookaburras

1 Oz. 1/2 Oz, 1/4 Oz and 1/10 Oz 2014 gold lunar horse (OK, that was last week, but all tha same! lol)

Later this week I am going back for 5 X 5 Oz Silver Horses

How much did you pay for a roll of lunar horses? I didn't manage to get any horses, I guess they are going for quite a lot now?

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

How much did you pay for a roll of lunar horses? I didn't manage to get any horses, I guess they are going for quite a lot now?

The horses were a trade. I swapped 30Oz of Perth Mint bars for them plus some cash. They are pretty expensive now, yes. They will be limited to 300,000 coins, and no one knows how close the mint is getting to that figure.

I wish I could afford to buy a roll of each, sadly I'm a singles man.

Never even held a roll.

I traded most of my rolls in for gold to make transport to the UK easier. 2 rolls of 2013 Kooks, 2 of maples, 1 of Austrian Phillies.... Very sad :(  But I could not resist grabbing the above when they came up. :)

That's a good idea Shamatti, trade in your silver for gold. Bring the gold back to the UK tax free. Then trade the gold for silver with someone in the UK.

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

Agreed, good plan.

Depending how much gold you end up with, it should be easy to keep in your wallet.

So far I have traded about 10 Kg of silver.... and I have a small wallet :huh: Looks like I will have about 6 Kg to bring in with me, after recent aquisitions. Was hoping to get it down to less, but just can't part with it. I spent years putting the collection together. SBSS, some local Australian mints, 1966 Round 50c coins (80% silver. Works out that 3 make up one ounce. Perfect SHTF coins) Just too hard to let it all go. Broke my heart to get rid of my Pamp - I had a 1kg and the most gorgous 1/2 Kilo Lady Fortuna. :wacko: 2 of the Perth Mint 20 Oz bars that they no longer make. They would have attracted a nice premium in years to come. Hey ho. Such is life. I didn't know we would end up without a visa and having to return to the UK when I started. So will be starting again when I get home! I guess that's the good part lol!

You are totally right on both counts!

I made a lot of mistakes when I started as I didn't know whether I was a SHTF 'buy silver for security person', an investor, or a coin collector. So I ended up getting a lot of stuff I din't need, and a lot of bad deals.

I will let the GSR make my dcissoions for me regarding the swapping back to silver. Anything above 66 or 67 will suit me! Don't know how likely that is though. Not in the short term I wouldn't have thought. It has not been that high since about 2010. In 2009 it went over 70!! Over 80 in 2008!!! If it does that again this year you won't see me for dust, I'll be swapping like a loon lol! :blink:

I did most of my swaps at about 62-point-something so in order to make a little margin on it I certainly hope to be able to afford to hang on till it gets to 67. We will see what the gods send us though, huh? I need to make something as I actually lost a lot of money having to swap unexpectidly when my visa fell though. GSR is all well and good, but $ for $ value I lost a lot. EG I paid $700 for my 20 Ounce bars and at GSR had to swap them (allbeit 2 years later) for $500 worth of gold. :angry:

6kg of gold would definitely need a big wallet.

I can only imagine how much space you would have had needed to bring back that value in silver.

I am with you on the lady Fortuna, they are really nice bars. I have a 500g one. Would love a 1kg though.

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

6kg of gold would definitely need a big wallet.

I can only imagine how much space you would have had needed to bring back that value in silver.

I am with you on the lady Fortuna, they are really nice bars. I have a 500g one. Would love a 1kg though.

I don't think he has 6kg of gold, I think that's the gold & silver combined if I'm reading it right.

But if he has, fair play. £150k in gold, I'd like that. Almost a third of a ton in silver by my calculations, don't think that will work with the Ryanair baggage allowance!!!

Stacker since 2013