• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anybody used Bitgild?

I'm a bit confused by this and whether the UK would see it as the VAT was already paid (especially if paying in cryptocoins).  I'll contact them myself and maybe try a test order if nobody here has used them.

Some of our silver bullion coins are imported through the so-called margin scheme. This scheme dictates that regular VAT does not need to be levied on these products. Instead, VAT only needs to be paid on the margin on these products. These prices are automatically incorporated in the product prices of silver bullion coins on Bitgild. Products that are subject to this margin scheme are clearly marked on Bitgild with the ‘NO VAT’ sticker. On the invoice, these products will not have VAT and are labeled as "Margin Scheme".

This would be my main concern:

On the invoice, these products will not have VAT and are labeled as "Margin Scheme.

http://www.bitgild.com/

I got a reply. 

thank you for your message and question. Actually, you do pay VAT, but not on the product. The margin scheme simply means VAT is levied on the margin that is on the product. This is already included in the price. As such, you do not need to pay the VAT that is levied on your own country (as VAT has already been paid). We have many customers in the UK, and on their invoice it simply states that you have paid with bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
If you are not sure, do consult your own authorities for the exact local regulations.

Archived