• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lotto Winner..........

I actually bought a lucky dip for the first time in about 8 years, needless to say I never even got one number.  Looked weird seeing numbers over 50 come out when I watched the draw.

Nobody is going to believe this but years ago when the lottery had just started there was not a rollover for about a year, you just never got them, a guy I worked with told me his uncle worked for Camelot and that the first rollover was being planned for just before Christmas.  This was about 2 months beforehand.

I saved £10 this weekend by not buying lottery tickets.
If you want to keep your money safe but still have a chance of winning a million every month then try Premium Bonds.

The probability of winning the new lottery is too high now.

Who would want to deal with the tons of begging letters and sad cases knocking on your door if you won big anyhow ?

I used to play via direct debit, one ticket a week, but stopped about 6 months ago. I think I won £10 in 3 years of playing. I have had no luck with premium bonds either so far, but at least you get return of capital at the end (minus inflation) even if you don't 'win'. The lottery was just a bit of fun until I added it all up and realised I was missing out on a half sovereign a year. 

Now I just play the gold and silver lottery. We are all going to be millionaires when gold and silver go to the moon! ;)

I don't actually know how that Camelot gets away with continually being awarded the contract to run the lottery, must be backhanders made somewhere.  When the initial bids were being made Richard Branson offered to run it just taking running costs and nothing else.  Over the years I wonder how many millions more could have gone to good causes if Branson was given the lottery.

First Camelot doubled the price of a ticket so as long as more than 50% of customers give it up they increase profits, now they have added more numbers.  When if first started we did a syndicate at work of 10 lines, after 2 years we never even got a tenner off it so switched to the Irish Lottery where we won £560 in the first week.

Only play it when the odds matches the money, in the case of the US powerball the money exceeds the odds , they are actually paying you more than the odds of winning making it a bargain.

So outside massive rollovers it's not worth playing.

Archived