• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sending money to euro dealer

Pipers

I made a purchase last Wednesday 7/5/2014 from Aurinum. I transferred the funds on Thursday morning using currency fair, all details correct have checked.  The money still has not arrived, In the past when I bought from Geiger-edmatte it has only ever taken 2 days to clear. Got a message from Aurinum saying leave it till end of trading on Tuesday as it might still come though.  Has anyone else had problems like this?   

No, 70 odd perfect transfers with currency fair,contact them by phone and see if they can help you.If you paid the standard charge it may appear in recipients account tomorrow am

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I rang Currency Fair this morning, a very friendly man.  It turns out I have done everything right he asked me to check the bill documents sent by Aurinum they were OK, then he asked me which I hadn't noticed to double check with the bottom of the order sheet, which also had the correct details on.  He then checked where the money was as far as he could and it was sent to the correct place. He said the money is in there Bank, could I give him up to 2 hours to get the bank codes, it took 1/2 an hour for him to get back in touch.

At this point I was to get in touch with Aurinum explain what has happened and asked them to help with retrieving the money from there end by just supplying there bank with the inter bank codes. I have sent them an email and in English and in German (Google Translator) asking them which email to use for the codes.  No reply thats right. the other day when I was asking about buying something  they replied within 1/2 hour since then while I have been having a problem its been a different matter very slow.  I will give them 1 more hour that will be 4 hours which is long enough for this type of problem at this stage as it has been going on for days now and Aurinum are aware of it.    

Thanks MB.

Just to let you guys know what happened today after my last post.

At 12.30pm received an Email from Andre Buchloch Aurinum owner, asking me to send him the inter bank codes.

At 15.50 received Email confirming payment had had been received.

Then at 20.35 an Email was sent to me by Andre Buchloch Stating that the money had been found from the Bank, and everything now is OK.

I am very pleased and relieved that the money has been found, but this should not have happened as I did not do anything wrong.

Now I get that the problem was with the Bank and my German is as Bad as there English but I believe this problem could of been sorted out more quickly and without the need of the owner having to get involved.

In the future I will never send money abroad at the back end of the week.

So my advise is :-

1     Only send money abroad on a Monday or Tuesday, this makes no difference to when you place your order.

2     If you do not understand any part of the statement ask the dealer for a copy in English especially all Bank details, order numbers and customer ref numbers.

3     Send the money in the morning, because Banks don't like sending money after 1pm and it will be left until the next day, time for it to get lost.

4     Most important do not send money, when it will not be cleared until after the weekend.  The weekend is where most problems happen, things go missing get            forgotten about.  

Finally received my coins today 21/05/14 they came by Express delivery, in a sturdy securely rapped box.  

So would I buy from Aurinum again, well yes if I followed my own advise and I wasn't in a hurry for the items. 

Thanks guys,

Klacey I take it 3 weeks is normal Aurinum?

Danny-Boy just remember only the Boss speaks any English so you will have to use Google translator if anything goes wrong. 

Danny-Boy just remember only the Boss speaks any English so you will have to use Google translator if anything goes wrong.

His English is passable. It had an incorrect item with my last order. I'm waiting on them to send the correct item.

My first order with them took 4 weeks or so. After the second week, it took 3 emails over several days before I got a reply.

I relieved the replacement item today. Although communication is limited (never even told me they'd dispatched it) they have dealt with the problem to my satisfaction.

They are slow at dispatching, not great with communication but I would still deal with them again. But only if I'm not in a rush, and since I never am, it's all good.

Archived