• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Your top target gold coins for 2016?

Lindeman

12 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

I bought a couple of 2014 and 2015 sovs and just found them a bit underwhelming, the coppery colour just makes them look like a very expensive penny.

I think I see what you mean they are incredibly shiny though. Whats your favourite gold bullion?

13 minutes ago, Bowie said:

I think I see what you mean they are incredibly shiny though. Whats your favourite gold bullion?

I just like anything that looks gold, the 2% copper in the new sovs makes them look more copper than gold, the older sov's look gold at least.

I'm buying sovs and, as a pure stacker, I don't care which ones.

I'm stacking sovs until I have too many - a long way off yet - then I'll think about switching to bars but that won't be this year.

(When I say 'pure stacker', I mean that's my approach to metals. I intend it to be about 25% of my portfolio so 75% of me isn't a stacker at all!)

I'll be buying more 20 Franc Roosters, Lucky Angels and the Swiss Helvetia. Also will be adding more Mexico Dos Pesos and Dos Y Media. I like the small fractional and get the Mexican at or below spot. Would also like to get my first Sovereign this year. :)

1 minute ago, AuRebel said:

I'll be buying more 20 Franc Roosters, Lucky Angels and the Swiss Helvetia. Also will be adding more Mexico Dos Pesos and Dos Y Media. I like the small fractional and get the Mexican at or below spot. Would also like to get my first Sovereign this year. :)

The Mexicans are quite lovely.

To most, probably a heretical combination of a part painted coin coupled with the fact that it is from the RCM, but many a time I have procrastinated over the buy-it button but can never have the nerve to pull the trigger and then justify the whopping premium these coins command

The 'Mask; range of coins IMHO are simple in concept but are one of the most loveliest coins to behold and to own, - May be 2016 is the year the trigger gets pulled  

2008.thumb.jpg.4d3dbb82ee0df6d06aa0c405a2009.thumb.jpg.2118dc3576577beb91df69afd2015.thumb.jpg.1095abce9e71e477091a1ae74

Archived