• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to purchase the lowest premium Gold

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

Where is the best place in the UK to currently purchase Gold with the lowest premiums. And what coins tend to have the lowest premiums?

I haven't worked it out, but I suspect sovereigns might be a good purchase with low premiums for the gold content.

I am looking to purchase 999+ fine gold though, in 1oz sizes or smaller, so no sovereigns for me.

Recommendations?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

In .999 then either Maple, new Brits, UK Lunar and kangaroo.

Best place would be Baird and co or Atkinsons. Cheapest is just under £800 delivered for Maple. A UK lunar may have some numi value and is around £813 delivered.

Nope. I just thought that 1oz coins were cheaper than 1oz bars.

1oz is a nice size to sell 1oz at a time, I think anything larger might be a bit too large to sell all in one go. Though if cheaper, maybe worth considering a 50g bar or something.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Bars are slightly cheaper.  Atkinsons have the OPM bars at £792.38 delivered and for 2 it is £788.02 each.

That's pretty good. One of those 1oz bars would work out at only 3.652% premium to spot.

Discounts / Offers

Wait till spot goes over £900 and I will sell you some of mine for spot plus 2.5% :D

Might have a while to wait :(

Discounts / Offers

Its always worth looking at coininvest.com especially when the price dips.  Those 1oz OPI bars from Atkinsons are a fantastic buy if you are just after Gold and remember to keep an eye out for 2nd hand krugerrands.

• 2 weeks later...

the gold bullion company is also a good place, good selection, great service, good price and free delivery, they always give you their own certificate to vouch for any gold they sell, nice touch.

http://www.thegoldbullion.co.uk/buy-gold-coins

Not heard of them before Garth.

I know you posted it regarding gold, but I have to say that I think they take the piss adding VAT on threepences that have been circulated.

Probably illegal to be fair.

Stacker since 2013

It's not illegal, as far as the hmrc are concerned they're selling silver and i pretty much guarantee they have to cough up the vat on sale, so as always they pass it on to us.

But I've never bought silver from them only gold and they can be pretty good. Worth keeping an eye on.

the gold bullion company is also a good place, good selection, great service, good price and free delivery, they always give you their own certificate to vouch for any gold they sell, nice touch.

http://www.thegoldbullion.co.uk/buy-gold-coins

Seen this company before, but I've never ever seen them to be particularly competitive on price. Their own certificate is cute, but it doesn't really count for anything as they aren't assayers. I've usually found Atkinsons to be cheaper and have a better selection when it comes to gold.

It's not illegal, as far as the hmrc are concerned they're selling silver and i pretty much guarantee they have to cough up the vat on sale, so as always they pass it on to us.

There is no vat to pay on used silver, so they are illegal in adding VAT.

As far as I'm aware anyway.

Stacker since 2013

looks like you're right Dan, I copied this from another dealers small print, that's interesting and makes me want to start accumulating some.

Investment Silver Coin Bags

We can now supply modest quantities of investment silver coin bags.
These are made up of old silver coins, usually UK coins from the 1920 to 1946 period. These were composed of an alloy containing 50% pure silver. We can supply them in sealed 10 kilo bags. Each bag contains a minimum 10 kilos gross weight of silver coins, and therefore contains 5 kilos of pure silver. Most of these coins will be very worn, and have no collectors value. Because these are dealt with under the "secondhand" scheme, there is no VAT to pay on them * We can offer these investment bags at prices very close to the value of the intrinsic silver content.

Seen this company before, but I've never ever seen them to be particularly competitive on price. Their own certificate is cute, but it doesn't really count for anything as they aren't assayers. I've usually found Atkinsons to be cheaper and have a better selection when it comes to gold.

Yeah on the whole Atkinsons are cheaper but there are some good deals on there from time to time, British coins, sovereigns and britannias are usually a little cheaper.  

Gold is sub £760 (£756.2 at time of writing). So tempted to buy but MUST resist.
Buffalo, Eagle, UK lunar all below £800. Got to be strong.

After seeing a 50 Peso coin, that is also on my wish list now as well.

Gold is sub £760 (£756.2 at time of writing). So tempted to buy but MUST resist.

Buffalo, Eagle, UK lunar all below £800. Got to be strong.

After seeing a 50 Peso coin, that is also on my wish list now as well.

Nice prices. Shame I don't have any cash savings anymore, it's already in silver ha. Otherwise a few 1oz coins would have been nice.

Discounts / Offers

Today has been a good day to buy gold

I've been tempted to buy for a month but have been hoping the prices would dip 

I bought 1 oz 2014 Britannia from thegoldbullion for £786 earlier

You can get a oz OPM bar for £769 from Atkinson too. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Today has been a good day to buy gold

I've been tempted to buy for a month but have been hoping the prices would dip

I bought 1 oz 2014 Britannia from thegoldbullion for £786 earlier

You can get a oz OPM bar for £769 from Atkinson too.

Nice purchases Murray, and welcome to the forum.

If you get chance, introduce yourself in the new members section.

Enjoy the forum.

Stacker since 2013

Their prices on those OPM bars are good, what with spot being so low they are bargains.

Discounts / Offers

Archived