• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

ChrisSilver

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

186 posts in this topic

Thought it would be fun to see a selection of proof sovereigns from over the years.

Took 4 as it's difficult to get the lighting even over all of them at once, and somehow managed to get 2 1997s in there Must have thought it was a 1987, eyes getting old

583f37310815d_ProofSovs_1.thumb.JPG.c256a1425188d71dbc45b134e35189dc.JPG583f373ead6b6_ProofSovs_2.thumb.JPG.8fba0a4acbd02f3dd7975f1506ec9be0.JPG583f3749017aa_ProofSovs_3.thumb.JPG.7f0536e57ef52015491cea6c85273d4b.JPG583f37506ae42_ProofSovs_4.thumb.JPG.36b939231fb2f00e3df2f3d5d7546f49.JPG

Very nice

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pampfan, dawsss18 and Silvergun like this

On 18/01/2017 at 08:57, Lindeman said:

@sovereignsteve - congrats on the Britannia silver proof run. Which is your favourite, and least favourite design? 

Lindeman 

Overall, I think the chariot on the '97 and '09

'14 obviously and '13 too

I really like the classic standing and have a sneaky liking for the wave '08

Pretty much all of them really, except the '11

12 hours ago, mongo28 said:

Well done! Still in search of the Griffin... My saga continues... lol

You may have to send a few in yourself - as the griffin has yet to be mass graded by anyone.

mongo28 likes this

31 minutes ago, Alymac said:

This weeks purchase.

20oz Scottsdale - this is truly an epic bar of chunkyness!

5oz Scottsdale

IMG_0717.JPG

That twenty...:wub:

Alymac likes this

egypt 1 merge.jpgegypt 2 merge.jpgVictoria medal merge.jpgSilver crown merge.jpgSovergein 1 merge.jpgVictoria half sovergein merge.jpgVictoria half sovergein 2 merge.jpg
Discovered photoshop photomerge today so I thought I would give it a go with a couple of my coins. Not my best coins but some interesting ones.

Edited by prophet800
spelling

32 minutes ago, KDave said:

1887 Quintuple Sovereign from HGM

IMAG2183.thumb.jpg.85ee55dab27a46f0f708f580df33fc49.jpgIMAG2185.thumb.jpg.43da386a5bef35aa520540162b3bd151.jpg

Not convinced by that one at all, to be honest.  The '1887' is far too thick - especially the '7'.  It might be 22ct, but I don't think it's genuine :o

GoldBenj, KDave and sovereignsteve like this

That's a shame, I bought it a year or so ago for spot so I will probably sell it back to them and use the proceeds to put towards a genuine one lol. 

8 minutes ago, KDave said:

@Clens92 Some more pictures of the date and fine details on the reverse for your to confirm your suspicions? Apologies to all for clogging up the thread with pictures of forgeries. PCGS picture of a real slabbed one below for comparison and to make up for it. :P

Now it looks less problematic...  the '7' still irks me, especially the far left downward-pointing bar.  But I'm not an expert and it could easily be a slight die-variation.  Either way, these copies are nearly always 21/22ct gold so you won't lose on it :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ngccoin-production/world-coin-price-guide/315418b.jpg

If you see here, the downward-facing bar of the 7 seems thinner, whilst the spacing of the B.P. is also slightly different.  God knows... it's all gold to me :P

KDave likes this

1 hour ago, Clens92 said:

Not convinced by that one at all, to be honest.  The '1887' is far too thick - especially the '7'.  It might be 22ct, but I don't think it's genuine :o

Almost certainly fake. The angle of the photo doesn't help inspection but all the lettering looks thick and too clumsy, especially the date which looks rubbish. The large brooch looks poor and from this angle the tail looks all wrong.

@sovereignsteve @Clens92 Thanks gents the b.p is too close together like you say, I can't see much difference in the date though compared to others that are genuine, the ones I have seen for sale from reputable coin dealers have wider signature though and just look different colour wise. The one in the PCGS slab is starting to look fake now as well though lol.

Its definitely gold though so worthy of adding to the melting pot at HGM, but the trouble is now I have had one I will need to find a replacement real one. I remember a top quality one was about £2000 back then, now people are asking £3500 for the same coins what happened?! :o