• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

On 16/01/2016 at 16:05, KevinG said:

Baden 3 Mark 1914.

001.JPG

Prussia 3 Mark 1910.

002.jpg

Prussia 3 Mark 1908.

002.JPG

Belgium 5 Frank 1869.

001.JPG

Very nice diverse collection lovely

On 17/01/2016 at 00:46, Lindeman said:

2 of the 3 Icelandic Gold coins ever released. 

Top from 1961. 

Bottom from 1974. 1100 years of settlement. image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2016 at 19:26, morezone said:

Various Chinese Medals

1st Panda Expo.jpg

2nd Panda Expo.jpg

Dragon.jpg

Phoenix.jpg

God Fortune.jpg

God Wealth.jpg

Mountain Resort.jpg

Old Summer Palace.jpg

Yuyuan.jpg

Panda Goat.jpg

Two Lovely Pandas.jpg

On 22/07/2016 at 18:59, morezone said:

Brass 80mm Tai Chi Panda from private mint; Shanghai BT Mint

Mintage for Silver: 20
Mintage for Brass: 98
Mintage for Copper: 98
Mintage for Paktong: 39
Mintage for Bimetal: 39

2016-07-22 15.55.19.jpg

2016-07-22 15.55.25.jpg

2016-07-22 15.55.32.jpg

2016-07-22 15.55.37.jpg

They are great, stunning details. THANK you for sharing.?

On 17/01/2016 at 15:12, morezone said:

http://www.luckpawnshop.com/ is where most of mine have come from.  Also eBay.com but you're also paying towards the fees.

Taobao.com has the most extensive range since 90% of the stuff never leaves China/unknown to the west but the language barrier is a nightmare and probably would require a shipping forwarder in most cases.

Just checked out Luckpawnshop, well worth keeping an eye on thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

@juliacoins The 3 key coins of the 2oz set is up on ebay now although they are all incredibly hard to find, monkey & rooster are near impossible to find as singles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTRALIAN-COMMEMORATIVE-LUNAR-I-2-OZ-MOUSE-PROOF-RARE-/291917480148?hash=item43f7a340d4:g:Zo4AAOSw4f5YCQR9

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

@lubi29 Lol no Lubi ,I still have the complete   set of 36 singles & I have sold all my spares as you know  ;), it is always interesting to see what they make. Re tiger it may make more than mouse who knows, it all depends on who needs what. I have a friend who will swap a 2oz mouse for 2oz monkey as he only needs that & single dragon for the set.

@lubi29 I hope you are watching this auction Lubi (& not taking part) the prices have gone off the planet, complete madness:lol: I thought I could predict prices of S1 proofs within £20-£30.There will be some bidders sweating at these prices LOL.

7 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

@motorbikez just log on and lost my breath1/2oz mouse £1400 , Halloween crazy))  Let see how many bids will be retracted at end.

LOL simply insane but they are all key coins.

@lubi29 I think I know who the winning bidder was I've just emailed him to confirm.He was pushed extremely hard by the under bidder but only one other bidder had a little dig on the 2oz tiger in last few seconds Crazzzy.

I'll PM you Lubi if it is the guy I think bought them & re 1oz tiger that seemed almost a reasonable price in the face of that madness LOL.

I think what generated all the interest was that they were all key coins in every size, people see that & realise that if they get at least a couple of key coins they have a reasonable chance of completing a set over the next couple of years. When I 1st decided to go for the S1 proofs I only concentrated on the 2oz coins & wouldn't have bothered with them if I hadn't bought mouse & ox together at the same time, as I realised very quickly you can't mess about re those key coins.

4 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

as we know, this is what can happen when 2 really bidders want them. If the underbidder hadn't been around this time, the 2oz mouse would have realised just $1150

You can't be sure of that Steve, plenty of people were watching, I personally know 3 people who would have paid way more than $1150 myself included as I have very good idea of fair value of that coin.

The last 2 recent sales of the mouse that I have personal knowledge of, 1 sold for $1450USD & the other last December sold for $1500 USD

Edited by motorbikez

10 hours ago, motorbikez said:

You can't be sure of that Steve, plenty of people were watching, I personally know 3 people who would have paid way more than $1150 myself included as I have very good idea of fair value of that coin.

The last 2 recent sales of the mouse that I have personal knowledge of, 1 sold for $1450USD & the other last December sold for $1500 USD

Yes good points @motorbikez, guess I was being too simplistic and didn't really look at the timeline properly.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon