• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

STG just listed Perth Mint Crocodile

Danny-boy

See, I think they look gorgeous, surprised about the adverse comments.

Beauty, is obviously, in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe this could be the new timber wolf, without the milk spots!!!!

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think this coin looks quite nice and will probably buy a few.  Will it command a premium in a couple of years I'm not sure, but it's price point is set to compete with Britannia's, Noah's arks, Eagles and Mexican Libs.  I hope that this move into the lower end of the market doesn't effect Perth mints reputation for quality products, as this will effect premiums on other Perth coins.   

i think this coin looks quite nice and will probably buy a few.  Will it command a premium in a couple of years I'm not sure, but it's price point is set to compete with Britannia's, Noah's arks, Eagles and Mexican Libs.  I hope that this move into the lower end of the market doesn't effect Perth mints reputation for quality products, as this will effect premiums on other Perth coins.   

Yes, that is an interesting point. Ans as Chris pointed out they are not being sold in capsules. Are PM trying to quietly edge into the low premium bullion market? Is it really likely to affect their other markets though? Not sure.

Thin about it guys..... What makes the panda coins so valuable? The designs change every year. The 2013 has a mintage of 8 million? and I cannot find them cheaper then 30 quid including delivery, and those coins were only released a year ago. 

I think they are trying something similar to the panda coin, without the capsule, with the generic bullion prices, and different animal and design each year. The sharks only had a mintage of 300k, looks like they sold all of those coins to vendors and stopped minting them. So that is why they released the crocodiles sooner then expected. 

Once this series starts to pick up, The crocodiles, and the sharks will explode in premium being the first coins in the series. 

• Founder & Administrator

Probably accidentally made it live before they were planning to, I've emailed and asked what this coin was, will see what they say.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Probably accidentally made it live before they were planning to, I've emailed and asked what this coin was, will see what they say.

I don't think that's the case, it was a pre-planned listing.

Don't ask me how I know, I just do.

Stacker since 2013

While i really like the coin, i feel the premium is a little large for what it is (uncapsuled 1m mintage). With some dealers pricing it close to that of the Kookaburra, and in the case of aurinum more than the Kook. I'm not biting. I'd like to snap these up- but the premium needs to come down to an appropriate level. I'll settle in the shallows and watch and wait i think.

By the way, i don't suppose anyone can clear up the true diameter of it?

Some dealers have it at 45.10mm and others at 40.60mm.

Seems like an interesting coin.  Might be worth buying a tube.  I agree with the above poster though, with the shark for example, buying them in Australia they weren't really even any cheaper than 1/2 oz kooks and lunars, and kooks / lunars come with capsules.  That's the one thing I find annoying about Perth Mint products actually, a lot of the more exclusive coins are always way overpriced in Aus (they treat the Aus customers last, with the US and German customers getting grade A service) and they're simply just cheaper to buy from the US and ship back to Aus, forcing many Aussies to only order form the US, and continuing the perpetual cycle of them allocating more of their products to the US and not Aus haha. They might get better Aus customers if they provided Aussies with better service / fairer prices? :P  

The price of those 1 oz coin, was listed as 14.30 something, cheaper then Britannia;'s and just above philharmonics. A Bargain at that price is you ask me, and Love the sealed hologram tape over the tube. That will prevent me from opening the tube up once I see it (I might give in and open one :D

over all I am a fan of the series, and I have 70 Shark Coins for myself. So I might get 3 tubes of this crocodile coins and thats about it. 

Due for release tomorrow, should be a bit cheaper than a koala 1oz, is just a high mintage cheap coin designed to give other mints a run, such as maples and ase. In tubes with NO capsules, so breaking up tubes we will have to source capsules for them.

Due for release tomorrow, should be a bit cheaper than a koala 1oz, is just a high mintage cheap coin designed to give other mints a run, such as maples and ase. In tubes with NO capsules, so breaking up tubes we will have to source capsules for them.

Do you know if the design is due to change each year. Or will the design remain constant?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Anyone in the UK planning on ordering any of these crocs from silver to go next week? And if so, is anyone willing to add an extra one onto their order for me? (Maybe a philanonic to be cheeky.) I can prepay.

I would quite like one for my collection, but can't warrant buying just one or two coins at £14.67 minimum postage.

Discounts / Offers

Hi Chris

I am going to be ordering a role of them so no problem. PM me to discuss what you want.

Only problem is I do not get back to the UK until the 15th, and I am going to Crete for a week on the 17th of May, so there would be a delay of a week of me sending them on to you.

Also I am on night so there will be a delay in my reply as I will be asleep.

Keith

Hi Chris

I am going to be ordering a role of them so no problem. PM me to discuss what you want.

Only problem is I do not get back to the UK until the 15th, and I am going to Crete for a week on the 17th of May, so there would be a delay of a week of me sending them on to you.

Also I am on night so there will be a delay in my reply as I will be asleep.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I will PM you :)

Discounts / Offers

Archived