• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

STG just listed Perth Mint Crocodile

Danny-boy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confusion.

There was a 2013 Salt water Crock coin - Bindi - which had the female crock 'Bindi' from one of the zoo's in Oz, Sydney I think. This year they released the Australian Salt Water Crocodile 'Graham' - picturing Bindi's partner Graham on the coin. These were/are limited to 10,000 coins. Nice collectable coins, although I didn't buy in to this set. Who knows if they will release anything next year? (Perhaps Egg will be the 2015 version! LOL) :lol:

This coin seems to be neither of these. It is also much less attractive. No mention of a mintage limit. Way cheaper.

Is this some sort of new Australian bullion coin which I have not heard about until now?

Not keen to be honest. Might be nice to have one in the collection, but i completed my silver to go order a few hours ago. Waited to see if anything new turned up, but I hit checkout before this arrived on the site. Not hugely bothered to be honest!

@DB

I have attached a image from the website in the post above these.

Cheers K.

I saw the site sales pitch, just surprised there was no build up or any other info on the internet whatsoever.

Stacker since 2013

Its definitely Perth mint, probably STG has jumped the gun with this coin and put the marketing blurb up before they should have, Germany is by far their(Perth mints) biggest market and I'd guess in a week or two it will be on Perth mints site.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Just found this!!! 

If this is the coin then I cannot see any initials as stated NM!!!

1. 2014 Australian Saltwater Crocodile - Silver Bullion Coin 

The design on the 2014 Australian Saltwater Crocodile (1oz) silver bullion coin consists of a 
representation of a saltwater crocodile surrounded by a circle. The coin includes the 
following inscriptions ‘AUSTRALIAN SALTWATER CROCODILE’, ‘2014 1oz 999 
SILVER’, and the initials of the designer Natasha Muhl ‘NM’. 

Understood it's Perth mint, no mention on silver stackers, no mention on PM site that I can see.

No build up, no other vendors?

I'm replying without checking but I thought the Bindi and Graham coins were Aussie Mint and this is Perth Mint.

I might be wrong and if so I should've checked first. :o

No - you are right, Bindi and Graham were Royal Australian Mint.

Danny - I am also struggling to find any info on this coin. Very odd.

STG are talking about shipping this coin to customers by next Friday, so I'm just not understanding what's going on.

Not one matching image on google. Not one mention on silver stackers.

Confusion continues...

Stacker since 2013

They say next friday, more then likely 2 weeks time.

So why are they saying next Friday?

That's just going to piss people off and make them have to give our free shipping again!!!

Stacker since 2013

STG are talking about shipping this coin to customers by next Friday, so I'm just not understanding what's going on.

Not one matching image on google. Not one mention on silver stackers.

Confusion continues...

Indeed. I have searched Perth mint site and there is nothing. SS nothing. No other vendors, nothing in images.... I even did a quick search on Twitter.... Found this

bruno collin @brunocollin14 39m

@PerthMint For the first time The Perth Mint is releasing the 2014 Australian Saltwater Crocodile 1oz Silver Bullion Coin.

6:13 AM - 9 May 2014 · Details

PS - I am now following Bruno Collin on Twitter - very interesting feed, with some great links to articles about gold and opinion on pricing etc.

Still nothing at all about this coin from any other source. But noting the time stamp on Bruno's twitter feed, I would say he is in Australia. My guess is that there will be an announcement there today and that STG have jumped the gun by 24 hours to a mixup with the time zones.

It was my impression that Perth mint announce their new coins in plenty of time, way before vendors are allocated stock.

Excuse the incorrect pun, but there is something fishy going on here.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

I'd be interested in buying a coin. Not so sure on a tube though.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

A million for a coin that is not so beautiful is a high mintage.

I think Perth Mint are testing the water with these cheaper bullion coins in tubes. I just hope they don't start producing the kooks, koalas etc outside of capsules.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I ate a crocodile burger when I was in Cairns in January. It was delicious! Tasted better than these coins look.

This is an excellent teaser. Will these coins appreciate significantly after/if they reach their 1 million mintage? I am not sure they will.

Will PM start a series of these issuing new ones every year like they do with the Cooks, koalas and Kangaroos? Do they even need to? Another generic bullion coin? Certainly be interesting to watch. Might grab a couple or three in my next order. Not sure I like 'em much but must be worth a punt I suppose.

Archived