• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2015 Gold Libertad mintage announced

Purchases were very restricted and I was limited to one coin of each type for pre orders.

The mint enjoys being maverick and unpredictable and that's what creates the interest.

Mexican gold is great to collect and Libertads are a growing bullion passion. Gold proofs had 250 minted in 2014 and 500 in 2015 nothing to do with demand. 1/20th has 360 coins compared to Us Eagles 100,000 or Royal Mint 1/40th of 8,000 odd.

What would be the consensus for a 1 oz bu lib purchase ? I could get one here in Japan but 950 quid seems a bit rich. 

I could get for less abroad obviously but there would be a higher exchange rate to deal with, shipping and an 8% tax on top to deal with.

With the mintages now announced, I'm just wondering whether it is worth it or whether to just let this one go due to the price. I can get 2014 silver bus for about 17 quid a pop each here.....mmmm...what to do ?

What would be the consensus for a 1 oz bu lib purchase ? I could get one here in Japan but 950 quid seems a bit rich. 

I could get for less abroad obviously but there would be a higher exchange rate to deal with, shipping and an 8% tax on top to deal with.

With the mintages now announced, I'm just wondering whether it is worth it or whether to just let this one go due to the price. I can get 2014 silver bus for about 17 quid a pop each here.....mmmm...what to do ?

The 1oz BU Lib is a lovely coin but I prefer the fractional gold. What great Japanese gold is available near you?

Oh plenty. I have several of the modern (since the 80s ie Hirohito and his son, Akihito, the current Emperor's, family related proofs and UNCs. They are superb examples of craftwork and cheaper than most foreign coins here. Generally speaking, I can get a 30g gold proof for about 155,000 yen (or at least have done so far), 105,000 for a 20, 95,000 for an 18 etc.

http://www.mint.go.jp/eng/coin-eng/eng_data_commemorative_index.html

I have stuck to the more modern coins so far (all 9999 and either 18,20 or 30 g)

Beautiful designs excellently executed with top notch presentation boxes and security features on the Japan Mint slabs (for proofs) They are well worth an addition to anyone's collection. An added bonus with one particular coin is that it has 100,000 yen stamped on it so can never go below that amount as an official coin. Funnily enough, the proofs generally only come in about 100 bucks or less more expensive than the UNCs

I have some things to do this morning but later today, I will post some of my actual coins rather than these Japan Mint photos :)

09coin.jpg

15coin.jpg

20coin.jpg

36coin.jpg

67coin.jpg

• Founder & Administrator

I have moved the previous post to a new topic.

Please start new topics if there is a major change in topic discussion that is not relevant to the initial topic post.

This makes it better for those reading, and especially those searching old topics.

Thanks

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

5 hours ago, MCJ said:

Great, marvelous, now I want Japanese coins as well as all the others in the world! ?

If you now go to the Japanese Hologram thread, you'll find them even more droolable - higher quality pics and the holograms in full display. Quite a thing.

Archived