• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Horse Mule is on eBay!!!!

Danny-boy

Is that it? thats all the commotion about... and people are paying £250 per coin. WOOW lol.

Yep, that's it buddy.

They are far rarer than the original coin.

Bear in mind the 1983 (think that's the right date) 2p with "New Pence" instead of "Two Pence" goes for about £500.

Now that's a mark-up!!!!

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Anyone watching these nowadays ?

Thoughts on demand and prices ?

I have a couple of Horse mules but not sure whether to sell or hold for a better price in years to come ?

Anyone watching these nowadays ?

Thoughts on demand and prices ?

I have a couple of Horse mules but not sure whether to sell or hold for a better price in years to come ?

Is there a difference in price between the two mule types. I saw a few on ebay go by auction for around £60 -65 a few weeks ago, not sure which type.

The prices have obviously come down a lot since they were discovered as there are actually a lot of them and as everyone has looked out for them.

IMO there's only a limited collector base for them so I don't see prices going north again in the future.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Founder & Administrator

I agree. The best time to sell these are in the hype. That may have already passed, and may not return. I don't know.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I tend to agree with sovereignsteve and ChrisSilver that the peak pricing has passed as more mules hit the scene once people had discovered they had some.

However, those who purchased them might prefer to keep them and there may still be collectors out there that would like to acquire one.

With time perhaps there will be less appearing for sale, so I kind of hope, in a couple of years maybe, premiums will increase.

Who can tell ?

Yes, prices were around the £100 stable, now towards £60.

I think they will find their price somewhere in the middle once most have been stashed away in safes somewhere.

Stacker since 2013

I my wouldn't pay a penny more for a mule, there are so many more coins that are worth collecting.  As you guys know I'm a stacker really but even I can see beauty in coins.  

So for around £60 Arshimo will sell you a 2oz lunar proof (if you can beat Danny-boy to buy it) I know which one I would have.  

Morezone will sell you a Libertad set for £65

Strenue will sell you some proofs 1oz RAM for £55

All of these coins are to me a better buy for a collector because they top quality coins that one could look at and admire time and again unlike the RM mule  

So for around £60 Arshimo will sell you a 2oz lunar proof (if you can beat Danny-boy to buy it)

You don't have to worry about me anymore, I'm done with silver [emoji1]

Stacker since 2013

I my wouldn't pay a penny more for a mule, there are so many more coins that are worth collecting.  As you guys know I'm a stacker really but even I can see beauty in coins.  

So for around £60 Arshimo will sell you a 2oz lunar proof (if you can beat Danny-boy to buy it) I know which one I would have.  

Morezone will sell you a Libertad set for £65

Strenue will sell you some proofs 1oz RAM for £55

All of these coins are to me a better buy for a collector because they top quality coins that one could look at and admire time and again unlike the RM mule  

Unfortunately beauty doesn't set the price, it is rarity, collectibility and of course who out there is willing to pay the premium required.

Having recently visited the Picasso museum in Malaga, Spain, I saw dozens of his sketches and paintings that pre-school kids could have done but they are probably worth millions each.

Would I rather own a Picasso half finished sketch worth a couple of hundred £k or a painting by an unknown artist that is so good it could have been a photograph but priced at under £300 ?

As an investment the Picasso wins but the other painting is awesome.

Same with coins I guess !

Archived