• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Horse Mule is on eBay!!!!

Danny-boy

Sometimes people with a few of something to sell will "ensure" the first sells for a high price to set a president for the other ones they have.

That's possible with the $1100 one, but not certain.

Intriguing but it does make you wonder - market manipulation perhaps ?

If not and there was a genuine buyer then he or she should not look at the prices of recent sales.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, I do sincerely doubt that somebody actually paid that price though.

Estimates numbers of mules have been around since it was announced, and they are not particularly rare.

Anyway, I turned mine into 5oz bullion so I'm a happy chappy.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Sometimes people with a few of something to sell will "ensure" the first sells for a high price to set a president for the other ones they have.

That's possible with the $1100 one, but not certain.

Interesting tactic, but won't they will still have to pay 10% in eBay commissions, otherwise it won't show as a completed listing?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Interesting tactic, but won't they will still have to pay 10% in eBay commissions, otherwise it won't show as a completed listing?

Yes, but if it gets him $1000 instead of $200 for his subsequent coins, that 10% of the higher value pails into insignificance.

Speculate to accumulate.

Stacker since 2013

On March 22nd a Horse Mule sold for £188.22
Several Germans with buy-it-now listing for about £99

That kind of kills the hopes of those asking several hundred pounds.

Has the horse bolted I wonder ?

I keep watching the prices on eBay and very surprised to see eBay item number: 301132520457 doing so well

Latest bid for £255 with the same coin being offered as a Buy it Now for less than £100 and other auctions not even getting bids at £90.

Lucky seller and condolences to the winner when the auction closes.

Wonder who the private bidders are - obviously not doing their homework.

I keep watching the prices on eBay and very surprised to see eBay item number: 301132520457 doing so well

Latest bid for £255 with the same coin being offered as a Buy it Now for less than £100 and other auctions not even getting bids at £90.

Lucky seller and condolences to the winner when the auction closes.

Wonder who the private bidders are - obviously not doing their homework.

It is an emotional thing. You get 2 bidders who don't want to loose. Clearly they are illogical but It is a bit like gambling/gaming, why does someone waste their money when they know they will loose, because they like the feeling when they win.

I once sold 1 pack of AAA batteries for something crazy like £7.20, when I was offering the same thing buy it now for something like £3. I felt so bad for the guy that I sent him another packet for free. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

There must be a lot of bullion collectors sitting on tubes of Mules totally unaware of their hidden fortune.

If you own some of these do you think it is the right time to sell or wait a year or more ?

There must be a lot of bullion collectors sitting on tubes of Mules totally unaware of their hidden fortune.

If you own some of these do you think it is the right time to sell or wait a year or more ?

Not a clue mate, I'd say the earlier the better usually, but you never can tell.

I only got two, so I sold one and swapped another on here.

If you can do as well as the £255 one, I'd hit it now.

Stacker since 2013

Not a clue mate, I'd say the earlier the better usually, but you never can tell.

Prices seem to hovering around the ton mark or even a lot less.

Several listed for big bucks but cannot imagine them selling.

Yea I agree too, sell whilst they are hot and there is a demand for them.

Discounts / Offers

We have to remember, they are not a circulating coin and there is a lot of them both.

IMHO, fairly soon they will either be £200 or double value.

My money is on them being worth double what a non-mule is worth.

Stacker since 2013

BUYER BEWARE

Just had a last minute Q&A with item 161261959770 on eBay

TOP DEAL!!! 2014 ROYAL MINT LUNAR HORSE MINT ERROR / MULE ' 10 SILVER COINS!!! TOP DEAL!!! 2014 ROYAL MINT LUNAR HORSE MINT ERROR / MULE ' 10 SILVER COINS!!!

Winning bid: £651.90
+£9.00 postage

This German seller was offering in a single lot a qty of 10 Mules which looked like Year of the Horse with obverse denticles.

Huge bold characters in the description it stated Britannia with Lunar Horse - see below for pasted entry

I asked - Dear manhanusbidaram,

Please clarify - your coins are Britannias without dentils and not Year of the Horse with dentils.

Your pictures suggest a Horse with Britannia obverse but your description states Britannia with no dentils.

I will bid based on the Britannia with no dentils.

Reply -

THESE ARE LUNAR HORSE COINS WITH DENTILS! NORMALLY THE HORSE COINS ARE WITHOUT DENTILS!
NO BRITANNIA COINS!

- manhanusbidaram

Here is the seller's description

TOP DEAL YOU CAN BIT FOR 10 COINS !!!

2014 ROYAL MINT BRITANNIA WITH LUNAR HORSE SILVER COIN

MINT ERROR / MULE
31.10 GRAMS
.999 SILVER

"Rare Britannia Mule Error Version no Dentils Around the Border of the Obverse and Large Queen's Head"

"Britannia with Lunar Horse Obverse"

I don't get it Pete, I see nothing wrong with his auction listing.

The pictures show it's horses with the britannia queen side, and he lists them as britannia mule errors which they are.

The only issue is he added "no" before dentils, which I guess is a mistake.

It's either a britannia with the wrong reverse, or a horse with the wrong obverse.

Stacker since 2013

I don't get it Pete, I see nothing wrong with his auction listing.

The pictures show it's horses with the britannia queen side, and he lists them as britannia mule errors which they are.

The only issue is he added "no" before dentils, which I guess is a mistake.

It's either a britannia with the wrong reverse, or a horse with the wrong obverse.

There are two mules - the Britannia with no dentiles and the Horse with dentiles.

The listing shows the Horse but the description describes the Britannia.

The critical "no dentiles" is exclusive to the Britannia mule.

Therefore he is describing the Britannia but selling the Horse.

Cannot wait until he posts the Fiat and describes the Porche.

I dont get it, I cannot tell the difference between a mule error and a normal one, Someone care to explain the situation for me?

Google is your friend.

They used the britannia queen side on the lunar horse, which has denticles.

They also used the lunar horse queen side on the britannia so without denticles.

Stacker since 2013

Archived