• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

other ways to aquire bullion

craig12

are there any other ways to buy bullion apart from the bay and bullion dealers, and this site of course

with so many bad reports of e bay fakes, and ive got to put my hand up to not attending a coin fair(why are they only in certain areas)  I think theres one in wakefield

is there any other way of buying silver/gold in the uk

surely there should be a way of buying bullion off uk people apart from e bay

any clues

Other than an online auction site, well respected dealers and Internet forums, I'm not really sure what you are hoping for.

Your local chip shop or Lloyds pharmacy unfortunately do not sell silver bullion.

And no, coin fairs are generally not for stackers, although the odd 999 bargain may be found.

Stacker since 2013

The only other way would be to buy it in allocated storage from somewhere like Bullionvault. Either a massive investment or build it up over time, then when you have sufficient holdings, request delivery of your bullion. This allows you to build up your holdings at quite competitive rates - just over spot - because the bars never leave storage and the company only trades in 1000oz "good delivery bars". You are allocated a part of one bar depending on how much you put in. In theory that's all great.

However there are a lot of disadvantages: You usually need to have a decent "stack" in their custody before you can request physical delivery, at which point you'll be hit for VAT and courier charges for withdrawing it. then you'll be the proud owner of a 1000oz bar which loses its good delivery status as soon as it gets to you, and will need re-assaying before you can vault it or sell it again. In the meantime if the company goes belly up or it turns out they have allocated the bars to multiple persons, well... They do say, "if you don't hold it, you don't own it." Caveat emptor.

• Founder & Administrator

@silversword bullionvault is audited daily with publicly availiable lists of each bar and who owns which listed by nickname so any user can check if their silver is there.

I was looking at it and for those who try to purchase silver at close to spot, it's a very good alternative to buying physical. Providing you have enough invested so that your actual storage costs are the advertised % and not the minimum charge (minimum charge can work out at a high % if you only have a small investment) then it's a very good option for investing in precious metals. Liquidity is huge and buying and selling fees are low. Around 0.5% each way.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Topic moved to general precious metals.

Ways to buy bullion:

From a bullion dealer online

From a dealers shop / coin shop

From eBay / ebid / other auction sites

From gumtree

From forum members

From private individuals

From coin fairs

Allocated stored bullion

Can't think of any others right now. Most people purchase from online dealers.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

With a shovel.

Or a submarine ;)

Discounts / Offers

Archived