• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lighthouse stackable MB / XL coin trays

• Founder & Administrator

Does anyone have any of these stackable lighthouse trays?

They sell them with several different internal options depending on coin sizes and style.

They have ones with circular holes for coins, or square compartments, as well as one with adjustable partitions.

I like the square compartment ones that are siilar to the blue lighthouse trays for the L6 aluminium briefcase etc. They seem to make all sizes including the larger sizes available in a maroon type colour which they call smoke colour. They unfortunately only make the smaller size MB trays available in black felt.

I think the L6 storage option is a better solution economically for most sized coins, and looks nicer than these stackable coin trays. However, I am looking for a storage solution for 10oz coins, and possible 1kg coins, and these coin sizes are too large for the L6 etc cases.

post-1-0-41412200-1398532809_thumb.jpg

The tray above is an XL tray which has a larger depth that the standard stackable trays. The tray above has no partitions, but you can get a wide variety of trays with different sized square partitions. If my calculations are correct, should be able to fit 4x 1kg coins in them.

This tray is around £30.50 in UK, and about £22 from Germany.

post-1-0-31650700-1398532951.jpg

It's also possible to get aluminium cases for them. storing up to 10x normal MB trays. or 5x MB XL trays. A bit pricey compared to the L6. These MB/XL cases are around £95 I believe.

post-1-0-55558100-1398533058.jpg

In my opinion this lockable high gloss black cupboard, for storing up to 10x normal MB trays or 5x MB XL trays, looks the a very nice way to store coins. Very pricey though, so far have found one for around £128.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am looking int making my own trays, onlynot sure what material to use yet.

After i made the base i will get them flocked, and i can choose color myself.

If you arent familiar to flocking, check this link.

http://www.flocking.co.uk/Services/Flock-coating.aspx

Thats a flocking company in UK, and there is plenty to choose from :)

Is it similar to anodising?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Says they use electrostatic, so I wondering if they had to charge the thing the are going to flock first in order for the flock to stick to the item and therefore maybe limiting the type of materials that could be used in the process.

Discounts / Offers

Bosse68, please could you start a new thread about your trays which you are planning on producing, will be an interesting topic and discussion, and I don't want to sabotage this thread :)

Discounts / Offers

Chris,

I have a couple of the stackable lighthouse trays. I've got one with round holes to take krugerrands in caps (though empty now) and I have a black one that has 50mm x 50mm square holes.

Are they good quality? Not sure if the base on the XL trays are exactly the same, but how are he bases on your MB trays, do they seem strong enough to take the weight of some kilo coins for example?

Discounts / Offers

Are they good quality? Not sure if the base on the XL trays are exactly the same, but how are he bases on your MB trays, do they seem strong enough to take the weight of some kilo coins for example?

Chris,

I would say very good quality. The flock insert is quite flimsy but sits into a solid smoked base and there is a solid clear sliding lid.

post-49-0-15788200-1398538051_thumb.jpgpost-49-0-13208500-1398538086_thumb.jpgpost-49-0-01495500-1398538123_thumb.jpgpost-49-0-72268100-1398538167_thumb.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for the pics doogs. I think I am going to get a couple of the ones with just 1 large compartment.

Need to first get some measurements to see if the sizes are right but probably will get a MB for 10oz coins and an MB XL for kilo coins, if they can take them / see strong enough to.

Discounts / Offers

Archived