• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New from the guys that bought you BullionVault. It's Whisky Invest Direct

i have a genuine question here regarding this company and bullionvault . what happens if they go under . i know you get documentation saying you own such an such . but how do you retrieve it

the liquidators arnt going to ship it to you as thats not in there interests .  if 2 or 3 people share a cask how do you get your bit

same as gold and silver . the vault arnt going to start cutting up a good delivery bar for your 200 ounce . and there not going to start buying smaller bars at there cost to ship to you . so how do you get your gold , silver or money out 

i have a genuine question here regarding this company and bullionvault . what happens if they go under . i know you get documentation saying you own such an such . but how do you retrieve it

the liquidators arnt going to ship it to you as thats not in there interests . if 2 or 3 people share a cask how do you get your bit

same as gold and silver . the vault arnt going to start cutting up a good delivery bar for your 200 ounce . and there not going to start buying smaller bars at there cost to ship to you . so how do you get your gold , silver or money out

Dunno I'll worry about picking up my pms and whisky if it ever happens. If I have to take some bottles and a hacksaw with me to the vaults and bonded warehouses then so be it. :)

I think the chances of these companies going under are pretty remote. They are just a Web based platform service. Few overheads and predictable and guaranteed incomes. They don't make anything or sell anything in the physical sense. So are as bomb proof as companies as you are ever going to get

I think the chances of these companies going under are pretty remote. They are just a Web based platform service. Few overheads and predictable and guaranteed incomes. They don't make anything or sell anything in the physical sense. So are as bomb proof as companies as you are ever going to get

But (in USA) both Tulving and BullionDirect both recently went under owing huge sums to their clients and holding scant percentages of the stock they claimed to have hoarded.

There was no checks in place to make sure that when you pay them for some stuff they buy the stuff and send it to the storage company,

so it just ... hardly ... happened.

You can't compare those companies with Bullion vault. Bullion vault have an independent daily audit of pms to verify the amounts exist. After an email exchange with WID their audit of stock is being done monthly although they are hoping to eventually increase the frequency of audits

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

First time poster (please be gentle!):D

I saw an article about these guys on the BBC News website yesterday and came across this thread. I know its over 2 years old (please forgive me for dragging it back up!).

I was wondering if anybody here has taken the plunge with WID and have any thoughts regarding their costs/fees and value for money.

Cheers. :)

I remember almost investing in something called “vine invest”, sample principle and that went bust after 10-15 years.

I wouldn’t touch it or BullionVault. 

I’m a landlord and I’ve been through the legalities and costs of trying to get my own physical asset back on a street never mind in some warehouse or safe somewhere. 

I’m out.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

24 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

There's a saying, used especially by metal stackers,

"If you don't hold it you don't own it"

Kind of think it applies here as well.

Exactly mate! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

8 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

only 10? you've got good willpower;)

Nope, just many multiples of the same bottle:D

seriously though whisky can be a investment if you pick right, here my last one that I have not sold yet - Glenfiddich winter storm

download.jpg.44fc2928f50213de38c90f398187060b.jpg

21 year aged icewine cask finish, part of thier "experimental" range following on from IPA cask and project XX, much more limited in bottles made and the first in the series with an age expression. Retail was £199.99 - a month ago, the last five in auction sold for between £260 and £330 each.

I suspect this is for gifts for christmas, and I will probably sell mine next year in time for Christmas too.

• 8 months later...

This is not a scam; but close. Scotch whiskey was being promoted in the early 90s and I bought into it. I purchased four barrels of the better single malts like McCallans. Over the years I checked out the price of McCallans and other single malts and they were moving up nicely. When I retired around 2010; I decides to cash in. I was stunned to be told that the "market" had changed and I would not get much more than what I paid in early 1990s.  I wound up selling them for about what I had paid 17 years earlier.and it wasn't easy to get anyone to to buy them. Buyer beware.

Archived