• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sky news - a perfect example of propaganda in action

mr-dead

So with the world markets currently crashing and Sky News reporting £74bn FTSE slump for some strange unkown reason they felt the need to drop another story below this huge headline taking the time to point out how terrible gold is as an investment.

vpvBQ9O.png

"This summer gold has been the worst performing precious metal, with its price dropping nearly 40% lower since its 2011 peak.

What else is there to know about the world's most revered special metal?"

link to story -

http://news.sky.com/story/1540866/five-nuggets-you-need-to-know-about-gold

Get the feeling the house of cards is about to fall and the powers above are shitting themselves ;)

They are still discussing the metal openly on the TV news channel as a good investment in times such as these though. They have been doing interviews with gold 'experts' throughout the day too. I am not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Also did anyone else see the adverts for the 'how to buy gold coins' booklet today? Its all a bit odd. The stock markets collapse all around the world and almost straight away the public are having gold shown to them as an alternative investment on the TV of all places. Does anyone else find this odd or should I take the tin foil hat off.

I have seen adverts for Bullion by Post on the RT channel, they are not exactly mainstream though.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

What telly are you watching that has "buy gold" adverts on it?

Saw an advert for a free "Rosland book of gold" (http://www.rosland.co.uk) on the TV in our work lobby - not sure what channel it was on at the time, though its usually left on Sky News during the day. The ad irritated me because they seemed to suggest that ordinary folk can pick up a handul of 1oz'ers whenever they like. Also their website doesn't carry prices, so they are likely to be a bunch of hawks, trying to offload "semi numismatics" for outrageous premiums to people who know no better.

Saw an advert for a free "Rosland book of gold" (http://www.rosland.co.uk) on the TV in our work lobby - not sure what channel it was on at the time, though its usually left on Sky News during the day. The ad irritated me because they seemed to suggest that ordinary folk can pick up a handul of 1oz'ers whenever they like. Also their website doesn't carry prices, so they are likely to be a bunch of hawks, trying to offload "semi numismatics" for outrageous premiums to people who know no better.

That's the one! I was beginning to think I had been a victim of a momentary time slip back to 2011 or something. Everyone I spoke to at work about it hasn't a clue what I am talking about. Must have been a sh*t advert. 

Archived