• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Yesterday I received a free €2 coin.  Came home to find a registered letter from Portugal sent to my business address.  I was a bit baffled as I couldn't remember ordering anything from Portugal or any other EU country.  Opened it up and found this coin.  Some guy inviting me to checkout his website and wishing me a happy Easter.  It's cost him €4.35 postage + €2 for the coin.  I did have a quick look at his site to see if there was anything interesting for me.  There wasn't.

2017-04-09 20.26.47.jpg

2017-04-09 20.26.40.jpg

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ee-home-broadband-exclusive-offers/?refreshcache=1

not sure if link will work as got it through email but I think it's worth a go. Topcasback have a deal for EE broadband packages. Any broadband or fibre broadband with phone package , new customers receive £150 cashback. I have went for unlimited broadband with anytime calls for £27.50 per month. There's a £7 postage charge for router but I think EE will pay up to £50 if you are tied to an existing contract. Phone package is excellent also. Working out at £19 per month over the 18 month period. 

I've been watching American news channels covering Florida

Every 30 seconds they've said "if winds die down, don't be fooled into thinking the storm is over!!! it will be the eye of the storm and winds will return"

They've said it about 100 times in the short span of time I've been listening :mellow: jesus christ, I've never heard someone say something so condescendingly again and again and again, they really treat their audience like morons

Everyone should have learned about the eye of the storm from that one Simpsons episode anyway :P

Edited by Kman

Today I managed to shoe-horn myself into the underground postal train ride in Mount Pleasant, London. I'm 6ft.7 tall and didn't think I'd fit. 

Interesting to see but the nearest tube station is a ten minute walk away. Didn't think there was any location in central London that far from a tube.

Seems as though people have plenty of disposable income.  Fireworks have been going off the last 2 nights and tonight it's literally been non stop from all directions.  Probably because it's free money from the government since I live within quite a deprived area with council housing making up the majority of the housing in the area.

I don’t want to start another delivery thread so thought I’d have a little rant here.

Previously Parcel Force handled domestic DHL parcels from Germany but now that DHL own UKMail, they have now taken over the handling of those parcels.

I had some parcels arrive in the UK on the 12th.  These are big bulky boxes containing coin boxes weighing anywhere from 15 to 20+kg and big enough for me to get into.  I expected them to be delivered on the 13th but they weren’t loaded onto a vehicle and at 11:36am I somehow rearranged delivery.  I’d never rearranged or been in contact so I tried phoning but couldn’t get through to a human so fired off a message where I received a case number so I know it was received.  I’m yet to receive a reply.  Tracking was showing delivery for the 14th so there was no need for me to wait in.  I do the school run and I’m back home from 4:20 until 4:40 and then back home again at 6.  When I came home at 6 I found a calling card.  I check tracking and it shows an attempted delivery at 4pm.  Very strange since there was no calling card while I was home so the card must have been posted sometime between 4:40 and 6 yet delivery was supposed to have been at 4.  I’m guessing that they couldn’t be bothered with the delivery so scanned as a failed attempt and popped a card though while passing a little later.

On the 14th there was a loading scan around 13:57 and tracking showed a delivery estimate of 5:15-6:15.  Guess what!  A no show.  The system now shows that I’ve rearranged delivery for one of them and now the delivery estimate is the 16th so they’re going to miss out the 15th altogether but the other 2 are just showing as back at the depot .  I fired off another message last night before the update came through but I’m not expecting a reply.  I’ve been on the phone today and they’re not helpful and delivery should  be on the 16th now.  I have at least another 4 parcels of the same size arrive at the depot in the early hours of the morning.  Tracking shows an estimate delivery of the 15th but so far they haven’t been loaded.  I don’t think it will be out for delivery today and I have no idea when they will be delivered.  I know what the problem is.  The parcels are so big and bulky that they can’t be bothered to deliver them.  I’ll have to wait another day or 2 until I can phone up and have another complain.

Screenshot 2017-11-15 12.46.33.png

17 minutes ago, morezone said:

I don’t want to start another delivery thread so thought I’d have a little rant here.

Previously Parcel Force handled domestic DHL parcels from Germany but now that DHL own UKMail, they have now taken over the handling of those parcels.

I had some parcels arrive in the UK on the 12th.  These are big bulky boxes containing coin boxes weighing anywhere from 15 to 20+kg and big enough for me to get into.  I expected them to be delivered on the 13th but they weren’t loaded onto a vehicle and at 11:36am I somehow rearranged delivery.  I’d never rearranged or been in contact so I tried phoning but couldn’t get through to a human so fired off a message where I received a case number so I know it was received.  I’m yet to receive a reply.  Tracking was showing delivery for the 14th so there was no need for me to wait in.  I do the school run and I’m back home from 4:20 until 4:40 and then back home again at 6.  When I came home at 6 I found a calling card.  I check tracking and it shows an attempted delivery at 4pm.  Very strange since there was no calling card while I was home so the card must have been posted sometime between 4:40 and 6 yet delivery was supposed to have been at 4.  I’m guessing that they couldn’t be bothered with the delivery so scanned as a failed attempt and popped a card though while passing a little later.

On the 14th there was a loading scan around 13:57 and tracking showed a delivery estimate of 5:15-6:15.  Guess what!  A no show.  The system now shows that I’ve rearranged delivery for one of them and now the delivery estimate is the 16th so they’re going to miss out the 15th altogether but the other 2 are just showing as back at the depot .  I fired off another message last night before the update came through but I’m not expecting a reply.  I’ve been on the phone today and they’re not helpful and delivery should  be on the 16th now.  I have at least another 4 parcels of the same size arrive at the depot in the early hours of the morning.  Tracking shows an estimate delivery of the 15th but so far they haven’t been loaded.  I don’t think it will be out for delivery today and I have no idea when they will be delivered.  I know what the problem is.  The parcels are so big and bulky that they can’t be bothered to deliver them.  I’ll have to wait another day or 2 until I can phone up and have another complain.

I find the whole courier scene somewhat of a lottery.  I use various couriers regularly through my business and although I generally try to stick to my favourites, they all cause problems sometimes.

UKMail is actually one of my favourites at the moment.  The price is really good and (touch wood) we have not had any serious problems with them for a long time.  We were using Yodel and DX Courier to save a few pennies for a while but never again!  They both caused us and some of our customers a lot of headaches.  I tend to use DPD or TNT for more expensive shipments.

Funnily enough I can't stand DHL (even though they own UKMail).  We've had all sorts of problems with them over the years.  Unfortunately we still have deliveries coming from overseas via DHL so still have to deal with them.  Their customer service is horrible when I have to speak to them about the errors they've made on the duty/VAT invoices!

@morezone I sympathise with your plight of falsified bogus attempts at delivery and the inability of finding a person who gives a sh*t.

I had a big fight with Amazon a year or more back on a very expensive item in a large package and after tracking down the manager of the delivery company using MI6 techniques and speaking to him in person on his mobile, all was magically resolved. Good luck in obtaining your shipments and maybe it is worth reading the small print to see if you are due any compensation from the courier or the supplier of the goods. Does leave a bad taste though !