• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

36 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Is it me or are dealers keeping prices for silver artificially high? I bought some Brits when spit was at $16.84 now the price is at $16.31 and the same coin from the same seller is higher priced.

Def not the dealers, there are various groups that fluctuate the price.

BelangP has a clear and concise explanation

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Have you ever had to insure a ton or a thousand tonnes  of silver ? Pay rent for the property or provide security  @fehk2001?

My families would be very worry if I Insure physical 

won ton .......

Edited by fehk2001

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

On 08/05/2017 at 14:07, shortstack68 said:

Is it me or are dealers keeping prices for silver artificially high? I bought some Brits when spit was at $16.84 now the price is at $16.31 and the same coin from the same seller is higher priced.

I think you are experiencing a dealer's "premiums", which are surcharges added mostly to popular products to lessen demand at a certain time,

not related to the spot-price at all.

Wait a bit and get a different price.

I notice that GS.BE have a notice in their shopping cart.  Its an update for May 2017 that there is a delay in shipments due to high activity and thanks for your patience.  I'm guessing that retail buyers must be backing up the truck with this massive whack down from mid April.

All of the official data from mint sales has been low so far for 2017.  Perhaps that is about to change.

Edited by silversky

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Well, the COT report from Tuesday shows that the net long position on spot silver is now lower than it was back in December last year.  Its gone from a really high net long position back in April to below what it has been for a long time.  Bounce coming?

Will be very interesting to see the COT report on Friday.  Looks like fear slowly creeping back in over Trumps ability to maintain power and get his reflation agenda through.  Whether you like Trump or not, the actions of those that have been set against him from the very beginning, "no matter what" and "by any means necessary" have been appalling.  I have never seen a democratically elected president treated in such a way from the very first moment.  It borders on treason.  I'm not sure they realise how badly things will play out if they even half get their way.  It's certainly a spectacle to behold.

• 1 month later...

USD bouncing, which is likely to further whack PMs in the near future. 

Must say that I'm tempted to buy a batch right now but I need to wait another couple of weeks for my buying window to open.

ive sent this question to greg hunter at usa watchdog to ask of a silver guru     if paper trading brings the price of silver down and paper trading isn't ever going to be banned then how will silver ever rise ,   never asked his guests the question  , love bill holters comments to greg    if they want they can smash it to zero  .............:(

Just now, craig12 said:

ive sent this question to greg hunter at usa watchdog to ask of a silver guru     if paper trading brings the price of silver down and paper trading isn't ever going to be banned then how will silver ever rise ,   never asked his guests the question  , love bill holters comments to greg    if they want they can smash it to zero  .............:(

Surely there has to come a time when confidence goes, 50 paper contracts to one physical ounce, then 100 to an ounce, 500 to an ounce, 1000 to an ounce and so forth, there has to come a time when the ratio is just so ridiculous that everyone must realise they are never going to see any physical if they demand it.

11 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

Surely there has to come a time when confidence goes, 50 paper contracts to one physical ounce, then 100 to an ounce, 500 to an ounce, 1000 to an ounce and so forth, there has to come a time when the ratio is just so ridiculous that everyone must realise they are never going to see any physical if they demand it.

Right on.  Also with the so called Crypto currencies, you can buy and sell it, if you leave your PC running and pay the electricity bill you can make it, but what would happen if everyone wanted their money out - it would maybe pay out but the price would plummet.

We have to face the fact that PMs have NOT been particularly strong lately even as the USD has been weak, so it isn't surprising to see them whacked like this. The writing has been on the wall since gold posted a failed breakout 3 weeks ago.

I have to say that I'm not optimistic short-term, and expect a mini-bloodbath in the PMs over the summer as USD's intermediate cycle plays out, which is why I'm perfectly happy to bide my time with my buying. Would not surprise me to see sub-$15 silver and sub-$1200 gold in the next few weeks.

Edited by vand

The analysis I have seen all points down and I hope it comes to pass. Interest rate policy, or expected policy will be the biggest driver in my opinion, crypto has a part to play too. The demand for metals investment especially silver is considerably down. Time to start buying the stuff again. 

I am seeing sub £12 silver, happy days, might need to make a small purchase. Just need gold to keep falling back to £700 now ;)

Gold £938 an ounce as I am looking at it what is going on? 

Edited by KDave

• 2 weeks later...