• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 hour ago, CurryMuncher69 said:

Talk to me baby... Shall I invest now or wait ? 

I am out of the loop on the trends I will place an order around 2.5k to 3k... I am thinking 1 oz kangaroos?

draw up a strategy on how you are going to sell and start from there?

you should consider buying slowly and increase purchases on good

deals and/or dips. look for bargains before the end of the summer,

pm demand is usually stronger after that. do note that my crystal ball

has played tricks on me before :huh:

HH

Been through a lot these past year and a half danny but Life back on track with a new job and promotion so I am now in a position where I can live my lifestyle AND stack a considerable amount of silver per month ! 

Cant wait to see what PM especially silver does in 5 years as I am essentially using it as a savings account ! 

I'm cost price averaging - buying with each pay packet and waiting for the big move up when paper money goes bad. I have however changed my "rules" and now only buy coins over 5oz. This has helped the look of my body with big muscles developing since my kilo coin purchases! In all seriousness those bigger coins are very impressive.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

1 hour ago, todaplox said:

Don't know if anyone here follows Clif High's webbots, but you might want to check this out, especially if you're thinking of making a purchase soon.

If you are, you might want to make it very, very soon!!

The next 16 days

Hope he's right, :) would be nice to double the value of my stack in a fortnight.

All-Time Record set this week in Comex Silver Volume 107,080,506 contracts. As I've explained the system, you'll have to take that number in your own way, I know exactly which way this is headed now, the stars have aligned.

I've just read the tea leaves, checked that the pine cones are open, seen the ants are circling clockwise, and the moss is still growing on the south face of the tree. They all point to one thing. Silver will be a different price on Monday than it was on Friday. You have been warned.

Just now, HighlandTiger said:

I've just read the tea leaves, checked that the pine cones are open, seen the ants are circling clockwise, and the moss is still growing on the south face of the tree. They all point to one thing. Silver will be a different price on Monday than it was on Friday. You have been warned.

Lol

Just now, HighlandTiger said:

Lol

54 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Yes but what's the weather going to be like?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

You don't need anything to work that out. It's summer, so it'll be overcast and wet. Who needs Michael Fish ;)

Yes, my realistic self agrees, but I'm an optimist by nature and I keep believing them when they say next week will be better. What a fool:D

Does anyone get the feeling that this graph says "You're manipulation attempts no longer have any power here" ??

Looks like a typical London / NY double team attempt.

silver.gif

Edited by todaplox

34 minutes ago, todaplox said:

Does anyone get the feeling that this graph says "You're manipulation attempts no longer have any power here" ??

Looks like a typical London / NY double team attempt.

silver.gif

you always get volatile spikes in PMs and Fx prices around big news times eg non-farm payroll as in this case. I think you're reading too much into it. Now if you got this with no news..........................

I hear a lot of things about price manipulation from central banks. Why would they do such a thing ? I'm specifically asking about Silver, not Gold. What is the point for them to keep the silver price low ? It's not like people would actually stop using fiat currencies (EUR,USD) and start using to pay their Starbucks coffee instead of notebanks !

1 hour ago, Aoutp said:

I hear a lot of things about price manipulation from central banks. Why would they do such a thing ? I'm specifically asking about Silver, not Gold. What is the point for them to keep the silver price low ? It's not like people would actually stop using fiat currencies (EUR,USD) and start using to pay their Starbucks coffee instead of notebanks !

low silver means low gold. banks expect you to save in currency.

that way inflation can dilute it's purchasing power so that what

they hand back to you has less purchasing power than what you

gave them. investing in any non currency that gives a return

would mean less bank profits.

HH

I have never really watched the spot price, really only checking before placing an order. Its always been going down for me.

I am so happy i got my biggest ever order placed in Dec 2015. It was just luck, i came into some money through my matched betting and placed an order for 168 oz. Normally its around 30-40 oz's. 

I have been watching the spot price a little more closely from independence day :) and i really do like to see the price go up but i am wondering, is it just going to drop again back down to £12 in a few months after ''the economy levels out''? I see a decent drop in price today and it just gets me thinking, whats round the corner? What if Thrump wins? Bank of England rate cut? 

Im gonna save a few months and see what happens. 

And as far as purchasing power goes, if you are not selling, it does not matter. This is the reason we stack silver are gold, we have all just completed our goal and protected ourselves against the devaluation of sterling, give yourself a pat on the back if your from the UK :) 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

2 hours ago, Element47 said:

It's been a combination of silver going up and gbp going down, this trend will continue

errr I not sure you are correct about the trend. Gbp has steadied, and is back on the rise, up over 3% on the dollar in the last few days. It will now over the coming years continue to rise, as we get down to Brexit, and we do deal after deal with the worlds biggest countries, and our economy gets bigger and better.

Now silver may increase in price, but for us, this will be reined in by the rise in sterling.