• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

18 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

has silver suddenly become everyone's worst enemy?

Nothing of the sort.. it's had a good up up from  sub-£13 which has now exhausted itself, and I suspect that we need to give back a lot of that before the market is ready to move back up.

In USD terms I think its looking likely that it will head back between $17-17.50 in the next 1-2 weeks.

32 minutes ago, vand said:

Nothing of the sort.. it's had a good up up from  sub-£13 which has now exhausted itself, and I suspect that we need to give back a lot of that before the market is ready to move back up.

In USD terms I think its looking likely that it will head back between $17-17.50 in the next 1-2 weeks.

it's been hacked back much more than gold recently.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Fairly unusually, PMs have been moving in step with the USD lately, so the runup was magnified in GBP terms, and now the sell off is equally magnified!

Longer term this should play out well for PMs though, as the USD is now looking in danger of setting new lows.

Checking my basket at GS as seen the silver drop a little from yesterday. I leave my order in the basket all the time so i can check it when spot goes up are down. I dont know why i bring the stress onto myself to save a few pennys. So, my order in euros dropped 9, but after tranferwise, its £1.50 more expensive than yesterday. Looks like the euro is evening out for us EU buyers. I miss last year when silver was £10 and the euro was 1.40ish. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

4 hours ago, Sliopjbsail said:

That's when I was picking up 2016 Britannias for £16 each ?

I avg'ed £13.29 for my 2016's. 2017's are avg'ing £16.91 so for this year. 

Tempted to place an order this weekend with the price being at £13.50ish. I would like to hold back 2 more weeks but who knows what will happen.

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

3 hours ago, jayboat said:

I avg'ed £13.29 for my 2016's. 2017's are avg'ing £16.91 so for this year. 

Tempted to place an order this weekend with the price being at £13.50ish. I would like to hold back 2 more weeks but who knows what will happen.

Wow, that's a great price. I'd add some more if I could get either at those prices. Prices seem to be heading down just recently

Edited by Sliopjbsail

@jayboatI couldn't wait and pulled the trigger. That will mean 2 batches bought this month, but I have budgeted for a few additional discretionary buys in addition to my monthly fixed buys anyway.

GBP looking strong & GSR @ 73 tipped it for me. No problem at all if it heads even lower as it'll just mean more cheap silver next month!

10 hours ago, Sliopjbsail said:

Wow, that's a great price. I'd add some more if I could get either at those prices. Prices seem to be heading down just recently

goldsilver.be is pretty much were i buy all my bullion from. 

9 hours ago, vand said:

@jayboatI couldn't wait and pulled the trigger. That will mean 2 batches bought this month, but I have budgeted for a few additional discretionary buys in addition to my monthly fixed buys anyway.

GBP looking strong & GSR @ 73 tipped it for me. No problem at all if it heads even lower as it'll just mean more cheap silver next month!

I was going to wait 2 weeks for enough in the silver fund to place my normal size order but i guess a few oz's less than normal means the next parcel comes round quicker :) I will prob pull the trigger tonight and get a few more of the panda trays. I have started using them for kooks,koala and tailed eagles. They do use alot of space when storing away but make viewing coins super easy.  

Just pulled the trigger, took 5 brits away from my order and slapped confirm. Trays were out of stock, so bummer but i just wanted them for extras anyways. 

offer £16 an ounce on e bay they can only say no  that would be about  spot plus 20% vat anyway  why would anyone pay more were in a recession a bad un as well cash is king if they want it they'll take it if not move on 

Remember the seller loses 13% selling on Ebay so nobody is going to accept a £16 offer.

listen guys I'm not trying anyone how to buy silver , you people have a lot more experience than me  but here in the uk were stung for vat  , premiums del charge , all I'm saying is we need to get silver like the usa  a couple of £ over spot  yes there will be sellers who tell you to go do one , but think about it if you pay £20 for a bullion coin , how much has silver got to rise to get your money back , at a dealer buy back its about 50%

next time your on  e bay try the salivate metals theory  , if you see 10 maples for £210 on best offer    offer £160 youll either get NO or counter offer  , I'm only doing the salivate metal thing here  buy low// sorry guys its big stack magees theory  best offer not salivate metal

Edited by craig12

4 minutes ago, DRooster said:

"Salivate"?

Salivate Metal

https://www.youtube.com/user/SalivateMetal

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Right, whats going on here with the price of silver? Its went from £14.83 down to £13.12 atm. Thats around 11-12% for 11 trading days. I have used all my normal resources to find out such information but i not seeing anything that pops out at me. The euro has not changed that much. Its annoying me, i dont really care its going down, i got an nice order done over the weekend at a good price, i just wonna know why its going down.