• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Whatever happened to The Silver Forum ?

HighlandTiger

You do NOT want your loved ones to be ignorant of huge wads of wealth lying around unknowingly! - for when you DIIIEEEE.

You don't have to tell them about it for them to be able to locate it when you die.

A full spreadsheet with information, value and location is with my will, including the best ways to liquidate.

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too on storage Danny, and you must do what you think is right Mr Rooster. Mrs Hook has been able to turn cash into shoes faster

than a speeding bullet for as long as I have known her, and that's a long time, and age has not slowed her one bit. Being a lot closer to the end

than the beginning I have left appropriate instruction, but for now, stackings a little escape really, something not many folk know about, apart from you lot of course.

I don`t trust the charts at all, I tend to go on intuition/feeling.

and my gut says silver should be about £25-30 and gold £350-400 Oz, don`t ask me to explain that :P

Even though I use gold and silver industrially (Jewellery) and therefore have both metals, my Personal stack is all pure silver and will remain so.

I just don`t like the Colour all that much with gold.

I don`t trust the charts at all, I tend to go on intuition/feeling.

and my gut says silver should be about £25-30 and gold £350-400 Oz, don`t ask me to explain that :P

Even though I use gold and silver industrially (Jewellery) and therefore have both metals, my Personal stack is all pure silver and will remain so.

I just don`t like the Colour all that much with gold.

|Fluttershy, the last one standing, the last domino to fall.

I'm keeping my silver mind. Aint selling it for a while.

My wife is always tempted into sales of shoes, bags and clothes that are "in the sale" or up to "70% off" in the major stores.

When silver is up to 300% off I get placed under pressure to stop stacking but I cannot use the clothing excuse "for my holidays " unfortunately.

My gold/silver ratio hasn't changed, i'll buy all the way to the bottom then start selling silver bit by bit when I'm in profit all the way to the top.....I hope, it's a long process but I'm pretty sure I'll be better off over time, my gold will stay with me till I retire.

The only reason you wouldn't tell the Mrs is if you think you may get a divorce!!!!  

I can tell you all even the most timid ladies can become monsters when divorce comes knocking it happened to me, I am still paying for the ex house its miles better than my house (much to the annoyance of Mrs Pipers)  

So My other half Knows all of my Gold and Silver purchases ;)

I have been selling my silver here and the bay,here is better by miles.I have sold fixed and auction the auctions i have been burned badly but over all i have evened out.I will not be selling any at auction any more.Fixed price sales only for me.

I will use the bays selling offers and recycled packaging to make the sales pay,it is hard very hard to liquidate you have to be on the ball and factor in all the costs correctly.

Selling one gold coin a month, I think is better than selling a few silver coins a week less hassle in retirement and if spot is good by then you can liquidate a sovereign any where that deals in gold at a fare price.

Yes i am the Silver Pirate and it would be sensible to have silver and gold diversity is good, Silver may one day be the investment of the century who the hell knows, but going on my selling experiences the past month i would loose no sleep at all if my stack was all Sovereigns.Hand on heart i think i would like that now.

Don't get me wrong i still believe the long game will pay off, i am 52 will the long game be in my life time? i am not sure.Maybe for me a gold stack would be a better option for liquidity options.

I think our aims and moods in stacking are forever changing and it's not a bad thing,i think we do need to tweek our stacks here and there to keep it sellable.Or you can throw it under the floor boards let it tarnish to its hearts content and get it out when you need too and sell it all for scrap one day,when fingers crossed it has gone to the moon.

Gold under the floor boards will not tarnish. :)

Selling my Silver has hardened me to it,Sorry but if you have not sold any try selling a few generic silver rounds at 0.99p start and see if your nerves can take it. 

Today i have to walk down to the post office, Que up,piss the teller off with all my parcels and back to work all in half an hours dinner break,then back to work.All to post some ounces that never made my core average,Bah flippin humbug, god i hate Monday mornings LOL.

Moral of my story, buy gold if your a newbie, silver is not for the faint hearted.

You can slag me off now........fill in box below.I don't care ,i have only said what most of you have been thinking .

I assume you know that you dont have to start auctions at 99p.

I work out the minimum I want inc fees and start at that price.

I think you get 20 free listings a month which start higher than 99p.

Yes HH,I live and learn.I get message's for 100 free listings and deals where there is cheaper billing on final selling price too, have to work the bays system,it's all been an experiment really and a tweaking of the stack, it will work out but a pain to be honest.i just want people to know ,we must have an exit strategy in place, and maybe selling a few ounces helps you for later on.It has taught me that generic stuff sells for cheap as chips the collectible stuff is where silver is at, premiums and all that, but i think we all knew that.That was my primary objective to shift from run of the mill to lunar and Perth.

My stack will be Lunar,Perth and Gold i think in the end of all this and hopefully i have got this strategy right. I don't want to plod on and hope for the best.

Silver may one day be the investment of the century who the hell knows,

I can only go by what I know currently, but domains are pretty hard to beat

Very possible (and done fairly regularly) to make 1000x's your money or more 

Can't imagine a £12 maple jumping to £12,000 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Regarding selling silver specifically  bullion there are far too many people concerned with the short term movement of the white metal. If you are not prepared to see severe downside movements & hold or buy more( £ cost averaging) you shouldn't be buying silver or any other PMs in the first place. When people get onto the snowball of selling at a loss then buy another PM that is also heading in the same direction it is madness.

If you sell out of your metals sit on your cash if you can't sleep at night or buy something else with the money that satisfies your spending urge that is not as volatile.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Today i have to walk down to the post office, Que up,piss the teller off with all my parcels and back to work all in half an hours dinner break,then back to work.All to post some ounces that never made my core average,Bah flippin humbug, god i hate Monday mornings LOL.

Haven't taken the ebay Post Office walk for a bit but that all sounds very familiar SP, you missed the part about it usually raining though.

For me, the upside for silver is potentially far larger because of the historically high gold:silver ratios we are seeing now.  74, 75 or so.  There is also 6 times LESS silver above ground than gold that can be physically delivered.  It's going to be a tough ride for the next 12 months or so (but potentially less) whilst markets and commodoties continue to move to the downside.   I think we will see $13 per oz on silver in the coming 3-4 months.  BUT, there are worrying economic conditions in so many places at the moment (Greece, Ukraine, China (an 8.5% stock market crash just this morning) etc etc) that the US will AGAIN fail to deliver the interest rate rise that they keep touting.  They can't push that into the future again and again and still have the markets believe them that they are serious about doing it at all.  The US can't raise interest rates for the same simple reason the UK can't....neither country can afford to let their currencies strengthen much more if they are to avoid completely stifling their export trade.  World debt is mounting exponentially and the only way that debt can ever be reduced is to hyperinflate it away through printing currencies.  I still believe the US will eventually have to print money and/or cut rates rather than raise them.  That will make precious metals very attractive again and when there is a surge in demand, I can see the squeeze happening on silver faster and a much larger percentage gain.  I'm sticking with the white metal.

Very interesting Abbots,

about that "above ground" bit : what does it mean?

DRooster, to clarify my point:  If all of the physical gold and all the physical silver (that is currently physically available) was to be put together in a big pile somewhere, the pile of gold would contain 6 times as many oz of metal as the pile of silver.  It's strange to think, I know.  The vast majority of Gold that has ever been mined is still "available", in the form of jewellery, bars, coins etc.  The vast majority of silver that has ever been mined has been "destroyed" through industrial use (most of it has been used in consumer electronics that have ended up in landfill).  Or it's been destroyed 500 oz at a time every time a cruise missile has been tested in the Atlantic.  Or it's been consumed in solar panels etc.  The result is that there is approximately 1.2 billion oz of silver available in the world at any one time (about the amount mined worldwide each year) but nearer 7 billion oz of gold.

Speaking of the post office..Off I go with 14 signed for items - oh how the people waiting in line will love me  :rolleyes:

Lol, beat ya. i'm off tomorrow with 15 items..  :P Some signed for, but the rest I'll be getting certificates of posting. Now that really winds up queues ;)  

I went to the post office just my luck there was a fella in front with shed loads of parcels doing just the same thing, i made it back to work with two minutes to spare,the Que we made behind us was pretty impressive all looking with daggers .

I heard this argument about Silver vs Gold many times and in my opinion it wrong on 6 points off the top of my head. 

1  not even the best meteorologists know how much Silver or Gold there is in the ground, let alone how much it would cost to mine they just know there is more silver and it is easier to mine.

2 Gold is stored by the rich, wealthy and powerful as a storage of wealth the world over full stop.

3 Ever wondered why the British Royal family has lots of Amethyst stones in the Jewels, its because Amethysts used to be very rare, until they discovered massive deposits in Russia and South America, this had the effect of making the stones price plummet.

4 Over the last 100 years Silver has followed the general commodity price while Gold has rise slightly each decade.  

5  If Silver was to become a more important (valuable) metal compared to Gold we would see a massive increase in silver mining from the likes of barrack and within in a few years there would be an over supply,

6 Remember all them solar panels if Silver becomes valuable they will all be taken down and the Silver taken out of them.  You see Silver has to many good uses for the Powers to let the price get out of hand, including medical.

Archived