• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

No they're to expensive, buy scrap copper grade A  if you can, if not grade B. keep it in the shed. 

But like I said IMO its only a buy if the price falls even further. 

No they're to expensive, buy scrap copper grade A  if you can, if not grade B. keep it in the shed. 

But like I said IMO its only a buy if the price falls even further.

OK, somehow I don't think a shed full of scrap copper will go down too well!

Out of interest, how does grade B differ from grade A?

Grade A ( No1) Copper is free from paint,solder or lacquer in the case of stripped electrical wire.

Grade B ( No2) is anything with contaminants.

All Copper must be clean,i.e. no Ferrous (steel.Iron).or you will get a third more rubbish price.Even Brass fittings must be removed as

a separate item.

If you want to store for the long term use those big lidded buckets food stuffs come in,air tight and stack-able,can wright on also. 

A good source of copper is electrical cable,,snip it off broken items and chuck in your bucket,this is a nice earner.

Car batteries are a good earner to,if you see one pick it up it is an easy fiver.

All scrap transactions are paid into your bank no cash.

take in more than £30 or they might charge you 50p administration charge, yards vary.

Phone round before selling for your best local price.

Grade A ( No1) Copper is free from paint,solder or lacquer in the case of stripped electrical wire.

Grade B ( No2) is anything with contaminants.

All Copper must be clean,i.e. no Ferrous (steel.Iron).or you will get a third more rubbish price.Even Brass fittings must be removed as

a separate item.

If you want to store for the long term use those big lidded buckets food stuffs come in,air tight and stack-able,can wright on also. 

A good source of copper is electrical cable,,snip it off broken items and chuck in your bucket,this is a nice earner.

Car batteries are a good earner to,if you see one pick it up it is an easy fiver.

All scrap transactions are paid into your bank no cash.

take in more than £30 or they might charge you 50p administration charge, yards vary.

Phone round before selling for your best local price.

Thanks for the explanation, very enlightening.

Silverpirate do you strip your copper wire? if so what method?

I only strip wire that is one solid strip or thick, not a twine of spindly thread, it is not worth it.You can in some case's get  more for the thin wire with the plastic coating on.See the photo of the wire stripper i use,i got it from e-bay,it show's you how to use it on You tube.

The photo's are of some copper i need to clean more as that container is that copper would be No 2 copper, The brass one my yard takes it as it is in the picture no point doing yellow and chrome,takes it as a mix.

The bin is what i put my electrical cable in,snip all plugs and jack points off.I put in all the cable from inside electrical' s as well they take it.  

post-14-0-10820800-1436293647_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-28396500-1436293724_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-60128800-1436293832_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ANDORRA 2014

Worldwide first 1 Ounce Copper Investment Coin - 1 Céntim - Copper Eagle - 1 Oz. Copper uncirculated loose

I assume they mean first government issued?

https://en.emk.com/artikel/586/34259/

Looks like a gimmick, can't really work out who it's going to appeal to or even why, publicity for Andorra...? As if they need it.

For the benefit of new investors to metals.

As an investment buying any copper coins/rounds or bars are a money looser.Don't even contemplate buying any, for your own copper hoard ,scrap copper that is free ,and maybe (copper pennies and two pence, this i have not researched.) IMHO. is the way to stack copper.

The premiums on the copper bullion and P&P will not be re-couped at the scrap yard and definitely not after E-bay ,pay pal  and P&P charges to sell that way.

In short do not pay for copper unless you ring your local yard find the current price and buy below that buy price.This will become your kilo average, just like your ounce average with Silver and Gold.

I hope i have not put you off Copper,i think Copper is a good investment if acquired correctly.

if I may.

Scrap yards really Are the place to go for copper! I use quite a bit of it myself in silver recovery, and use bus bar, this is at least 9999 copper and can be had for pennies, or even Free with a nice smile and eyelash flutter :D

most of the stuff I get has "Furse<symbol>nottm-uk" on it, and looks like it would take a few 1000 amps!

and if cut properly and polished would make really pretty bullion bars too :D

if I may.

Scrap yards really Are the place to go for copper! I use quite a bit of it myself in silver recovery, and use bus bar, this is at least 9999 copper and can be had for pennies, or even Free with a nice smile and eyelash flutter :D

most of the stuff I get has "Furse<symbol>nottm-uk" on it, and looks like it would take a few 1000 amps!

and if cut properly and polished would make really pretty bullion bars too :D

If it says Furse on it, then it will be lightning protection down-tape.

Often stolen by thieving little gits, to fund a drug habit.

No wonder you get it so cheap!!!!

Stacker since 2013

well you can still have a nice smile and good manners, even be complimentary.

these things cost nothing and work wonders!

esp in such a place as a junk yard where most words are unrepeatable on here all the working day :)

Weighed in some scrap today,£50 in my pocket for a pile of rubbish.

08/08.2015 here are the scrap prices.

Prices per kilo.

FLEX/ COPPER CABLE..0.80p

NO 1 COPPER...2.50p

NO 2 COPPER..2.10p

BRASS..1.80p

ALUMINIUM...0.45p

CAR BATTERIES..0.35p 

STAINLESS STEEL 0.50p

MOTORS...0.25p

IRONY ALLY & ALLY CANS 0.15p

What's the copper price you quoted SP, per kilo?

Edit: Sorry just reread your post, doh!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived