• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

FREE cash ! Get some GOLD or SILVER 100% FREE !

Attention grabbing headline but not too misleading

I would just like to make folk aware of the decent FREE £££ cash being put on offered by several banks to hook you as a 'customer' by offering you to switch

As most know I'm not the biggest lover of banks and think the only thing you should hold in them is an overdraft in current times but if they are offering FREE cash what is not to like about that and getting some of our 2008 bail out money back from them ???

The full article/guide, details terms and conditions can be read here including full terms & conditions 

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#bonus

and subsequent discussions here 

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=6576269&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&_ga=1.152548793.1652149303.1435937685#post6576269

But as a snap shot heres is what is on offer for FREE 

• Bank: First Direct

£100 to switch + option of linked long term regular saving @ 6% 

• Bank: HSBC's Advance Account

£120 to switch + £10 per month bonus cash if you open a linked ISA  = Total £240

• Bank : Clydesdale Current Account Direct 

£150 + you get 2% interest on your first £3k deposited

• Bank: Halifax Reward

£100 cash + onoging £5 per month

• Bank: M&S Current Account 

£100 M&S gift card + option of linked long term regular saving @ 6%

• Bank: Co-Operative Current Account Plus

£100 cash + £25 charitable donation

So effectively there is £690 FREE cash on offer & £100 M&S gift card for some tasty spoiling treats from the food hall for the sake of applying a few times over a year plus

Full value £790

Or best part of a free 1oz of gold or a few gold sovereigns 

or around 53oz of FREE silver for the stack (based at £13 per coin)

Maybe it is not for all here, whilst each bank probably only want the best sort of customers, as it is not borrowing/credit it is far more likely to be approved as it is only a current account

If you have a checkered past each opening would involve a credit search so probably not wise if you are looking for mortgage/remortgage/loan or car finance any time soon spread over a year or two 

If however, you look like a glowing customer (i.e)

• Your credit file is clean & generally above par
  • You dont foresee any borrowing in immediate future (ie 1 year)  via mortgage/loan/credit card application
  • You have a few thousand ££££ spare liquid fiat debt tokens to meet the funding requirements and terms (ie some require DDs set up)
  • You are prepared to do the donkey work moving funds around and setting up standing orders & transfers, to satisfy the bonus requirements  

It is really FREE MONEY for very little effort in my eyes

I have done my first this fortnight with First Direct without any hitch, and only have around x1 week to go until my first FREE £100 hits my account and then onto the next once i see my next updated credit report  

What is not to like?  THE BANKS BAILING YOU IN AND TOPPING UP YOUR STACK FOR FREE.

Just do it even for that principle only :)

You have to have your wages/bill coming out/ at least £800 a month going in most of those accounts the exception first direct you need £25000 per annum

If you plan on buying bullion I would give HSBC /first direct a miss.

• 4 weeks later...

strange that you posted this i just opened a first direct account this weekend . i saw the advert in the paper and thought i would be stupid not to do it , you only need to pay in £1000 in the first three months to receive the £100 within 28 days , you dont need to pay in £25000 on the account that i opened , you dont have to pay anything in , but if you dont pay in £1000 a month then they charge you £10 in fees . 

they also give you a pre approved £500 overdraft , with no interest or fees on the first £250.

one other thing is that if you are not satisfied and leave within a year of opening the account they give you another £100.

so im going to run this account for a few months , bin it and open another somewhere else to get another free wad.

Archived