• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Seen Any 2016 Designs?

HelpingHands

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a premium with the monkeys as was the case with the dragons,

The reason, I am unaware? I know that the dragon is regarded as special and sold in large numbers for the unlimited ones. As the 1oz is limited to 300,000 was the issue price higher than normal? Other than the silver spot price being higher then.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

The reason, I am unaware? I know that the dragon is regarded as special and sold in large numbers for the unlimited ones. As the 1oz is limited to 300,000 was the issue price higher than normal? Other than the silver spot price being higher then.

I'm actually really interested if anyone can remember if the bullion dragons did have a higher premium than normal. Anyone collecting then with a good memory?

That's interesting. November 2011 and release of the 2012 dragons. I wonder how that related to spot? would this source be regarded as expensive?

I'm sure my 1st ever purchase of lunars included a couple of dragons from Chards and that would have been around the end of 2012 because it included some snakes as well. I don't think they would have been more than early £20's if memory serves ('cos I would have noticed and probably not bought them).

i think spot was around £15-16 at that time.

I think spot was around £21. That listing was on Apmex. Premiums must have come down after they cashed in on the new release buyers.

So it's a case of ignore the early offers and wait 'til STG get them cheeky monkeys in!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived