• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average £/oz

Danny-boy

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to strike a fine balance between the investment side and the collector that is growing in me.

I will always try offset a buy of bullion coins with a purchase of slabbed coins or vice versa. That way I get to get some coins which can potentially command a larger premium in years to come, whilst keeping the £/oz down.

I've just done my average per oz since Jan this year including a purchase which is due this week and it is £48.96 which is less than I thought it would be, considering I buy almost exclusively high value proofs.Its the kilo proof sets that has pulled my average down :lol:

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I can beat all your £/oz averages now.

My average is now £00.00 per Troy Oz.

Just sold my entire stack 44oz for £1400.00

Going to start again with a new buying plan which i will stick to.

You must have had some choice silver to sell for £31 average.

That takes conviction, nice one!!!

Stacker since 2013

Just sold my entire stack 44oz for £1400.00

So, you're part of the silver price manipulation cartel eh? dumping vast quantities onto the market to depress the price!  :ph34r:

Just sold my entire stack 44oz for £1400.00

Don't leave us hanging, spill the beans!

With my cartel blood money i will be buying Gold.

1x Brit

2x 1/2 Sovs

and

2x sovs

all 2014.

Going to go just for sets.

Date runs on the bullion Heroes. Pandas, Kooks Brits and Taku etc 

and the more limited runs such as perth mints recent 3 coin gods.

All my stack went to a coin collector that wanted my SGB series of dissent and 8 other coins.

Going to go for a more coin collector collection.

I still have one coin left. A  .900 silver coin an 1887 double florin.

No more Stacking for me unless it's PAMP bars. I love them.

No SS i won't be stacking Gold.

My thinking was to clear the decks and start again. I started buying silver about 5 years ago and would sell it on for a small profit gaining an oz here and there.

I uptraded a few good pieces keeping my stack small.

I've known the buyer for nearly 10 years and when over the course of a BBQ a week ago he offered me a very good price for my stack 44oz which included some bullon.

I'll be collecting 999 silver or better and i expect the £/oz ratio to make grim reading.

The Gold i purchased really was just to draw a line in the sand so to speak and start again.

I may in the future buy more gold but i do prefer silver.

I'm not going to make many friends, but so far I've bought my 1st 22 ounces having been bidding on the items offering "fast and free" shipping.

After 22 ounces (being all I own at the moment just getting started) my average is £14.80 ($25.08).

I'm about to ruin that average due to bidding on 2 Engelhard bars. What's the word on having an avg. handicap? Lol

I think it could be more useful to all of us if we could categorise stackers publishing their averages on this forum.

First is to separate us Europeans who have to pay VAT from non-Europeans.

I suggest for USA and other nations not subject to VAT or similar, prices should be followed by the letter 'X' so looking like $25X or £15X for example.

Secondly, we have new and long established stackers so perhaps we can add a code say for a newbie with a stacking history of under 12 months, the prefix 'N'.

Lastly, let's differentiate between the stacker holding a few ounces from the serious stacker.

I suggest a prefix code for anyone under 100 ounces of 'L'

I don't advise setting this threshold to a higher value as this would be an open invite to the criminal fraternity, so I though 100oz to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Therefore a UK stacker, less than one year stacking with under 100 oz declaring an average price of £19.50 would enter NL £19.50

A USA stacker, also new and <100 oz NL $21.68 X for example.

A seasoned UK / European with 500 ounces would just enter their average price without any codes.

Good idea or not ?

I like it but I doubt it would catch on.

Another code is required for collectors, to differentiate from stackers.

Let's give it the "C" code.

To qualify for it you must have at least 10 coins that are worth 5 x spot.

I'm £24.95C

Stacker since 2013

Archived