• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average £/oz

Danny-boy

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

using pauls spreadsheet ( cheers) worked out today that in three weeks i have spent £461  :o on 26 ounces giving me a average of £17.75. 

didnt realise ive spent that much although im trying to buy more "collectables" rather than pure stacking   

My Silver average is just under £17, this is because I have been concentrating on maples and Philh's for a while now.

My exit strategy will be to sell at $50 when ever that is, only leaving profit Silver left. This will then be used towards my pension. 

• 2 months later...

Interesting thread, having started by collecting numismatic coins I have never really considered the £/oz value.

With some recent buys more than doubling my amount of silver I thought this would be good time to work it out - currently at £11.31/oz**

Silver to gold ratio is now 34:1 which is why I bought silver and not gold!

ST

**not counting the numismatic coins where I have paid more than 3000 times spot for a single coin - I must be mad

I have only been stacking for about 7-8 months and I've got roughly 60 oz of mixed phillys, brittanias, lunar horses and some Canadian maples. I've not paid over £15 per oz yet so that's where I'm at...(seems I've jumped in at the right time!)

Well i ( as a few on here know) have been in liquidation mode for a while as ive needed the funds to refurbish my house.

Ive liquidated a good bulk of both my collection and bullion and have retained just a few of my favourites.

It wont be long before im buying again and have decided on a plan

I'm not turning against collecting as ill still do date runs on certsin bullion and i will occassionally treat myself to a numi if i love it . However im going to try and go "stacker" mode and hopefully aim for no more than spot plus 25% all in

I don't reckon you'll stay pure stacker for long.

And spot plus 25% including shipping is a tough ask I reckon.

Even buying 100 of the cheapest 1oz coins from STG comes out over 25% over spot delivered.

But if you can, and spot stays low, you will have an extremely enviable cost average.

Stacker since 2013

I've never really worked out a ratio,my heart usually rules

my head and I don't mind paying for a nice coin,after all

we will only have our collections/stacks to drool over for a short time..."ya can't take

it with ya" I'll let the kids worry about £s per oz when i'm gone!!

Agreed Danny Boy but that is going to be my mission. I thought switching to stacking would be less fun so i thought id make it a real challenge.

You'll be calling me long john noahs ark by mext uear i reckon .

Well congrats on the challenge, I was challenged to stay off eBay but failed after about 2 hours.

These challenges are tough!!!

I also challenged myself to get my average to under £20 from £22.65, but I just keep buying stuff either around that or more expensive.

Stacker since 2013

Archived