• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion Centre drops it's 100% of spot buy back promise.

HighlandTiger

Just noticed that Bullion Centre has dropped its policy of 100% of spot buy back promise down to 98%. 

HGM also buys sovs at 98%. Seems like BC's online price match policy is not only for selling gold, but is now for buying gold as well :)

Still, a 6% spread between buying and selling is something I'm happy to go along with. 

Now compare that spread to HGM's buying and selling a silver Britannia, They buy Brits at 84% of spot and sell at 148% of spot, a whopping 64% spread.

Remind me again why we stack silver ?   :rolleyes:  :unsure:

I noticed that too, I think it all depends on strategy for building total stack weight, With silver its fairly easy to buy and flip for profit..gold not so much. 

Add to that the fact it can be bought in small amounts and the fact is has higher potential for price rises during the next bull run and I think It still very much has a place in any stack.

But Cant deny Golds many benefits like storage, instant easy sale ability and small premium spread.

Just noticed that Bullion Centre has dropped its policy of 100% of spot buy back promise down to 98%. 

HGM also buys sovs at 98%. Seems like BC's online price match policy is not only for selling gold, but is now for buying gold as well :)

Still, a 6% spread between buying and selling is something I'm happy to go along with. 

Now compare that spread to HGM's buying and selling a silver Britannia, They buy Brits at 84% of spot and sell at 148% of spot, a whopping 64% spread.

Remind me again why we stack silver ?   :rolleyes:  :unsure:

I can never understand why they charge VAT on the full selling price of silver when they don't pay VAT when they buy them. I thought second hand goods in the consumer market are not VAT'able as it was originally charged when new. Same as second hand cars etc.

Different when buying and selling trade to trade though.

Can someone who knows how business VAT works please enlighten me?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I can never understand why they charge VAT on the full selling price of silver when they don't pay VAT when they buy them. I thought second hand goods in the consumer market are not VAT'able as it was originally charged when new. Same as second hand cars etc.

Different when buying and selling trade to trade though.

Can someone who knows how business VAT works please enlighten me?

https://www.gov.uk/vat-margin-schemes/overview

Archived