• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Disney steamboat willie 1oz silver coin from Perth Mint

ChrisSilver

Seems like these Disney collectors are too rich for the silver version.

haha perhaps that's the case.  The way I see it however.....they should have done the silver in a mintage of only 7500 or..perhaps even 5000.  Then they would have been selling like hotcakes too I rkn.  

10,000 coins is too much for a niche product like high-premium Mickey Mouse Proof coins.  That's why the Golds are performing better I say.  They're limited to only 1,000.  And sure, it's a high premium but the premium on the gold coins is approximatly 'only' a 1.92X markup in price (this is over a 1/4 oz lunar horse for example), whereas the silver coins are approximately a 3.75X markup in price (over a 1 oz silver kook for example).  

So in the end the silver coins have a much higher markup, they're 10 times more common, and they have a crappier box.  I'm not surprised the gold ones are performing so much better (at least thus far) compared to the silvers, since the golds were already better value to begin with.

WOW. The puns in this thread..... are TIKKAn the Micky out of me. Im sorry that is the best I can do.

To the geezer who criticized me on my grammar, would this be more pleasing to you...

I must say, that one does not see any numismatic or valuable future for the Disney inspired Perth Mint Coin. However I must say I do find myself this coin to be a rather a exquisite gift for ones younger siblings or extended family.

Being a younger male compared to you gentleman I must say that typing like this will do me blimmin ed in. Been propa stackin 4 like 2 months now, and I find it to be sick and dat lookin all the nice silver bars and koins

WOW. The puns in this thread..... are TIKKAn the Micky out of me. Im sorry that is the best I can do.

To the geezer who criticized me on my grammar, would this be more pleasing to you...

I must say, that one does not see any numismatic or valuable future for the Disney inspired Perth Mint Coin. However I must say I do find myself this coin to be a rather a exquisite gift for ones younger siblings or extended family.

Being a younger male compared to you gentleman I must say that typing like this will do me blimmin ed in. Been propa stackin 4 like 2 months now, and I find it to be sick and dat lookin all the nice silver bars and koins

Ha! I do like to take the Mickey sometimes. Seems like you were away for easter. I had to work friday through to monday, but there's a gold coin in there I reckon.

Anyway, there must be more than a few hard core Disney memorabilia collectors out there who will need to get their hands on these here coins.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I ended up getting my Silver Steamboat Willie coin in the mail today, and I got to say, I actually rather like it! :P  Like basically all Perth Mint products, it looks much nicer in person than it does on the advertising pictures.  

49LQQznl.jpg

r8wojbll.jpgp9rugB6l.jpgxjLktgxl.jpgVZJVIDQl.jpg

Archived