• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Disney steamboat willie 1oz silver coin from Perth Mint

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

What does everyone think of this coin?

• Proof Quality 99.9% Pure Silver
  • Official Licensed Product
  • Disney’s Iconic ‘Steamboat Willie’ Reverse Design
  • Limited Mintage – 10,000
  • Presentation Packaging Featuring Vintage-Style Mickey Mouse
  • Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
  • First of Many Disney Character Releases

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/disney-steamboat-willie-2014-1oz-silver-proof-coin.aspx

post-1-0-94572700-1397747636_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-27484900-1397747651_thumb.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Got the Email from the Perth Mint. First thoughts were nice present for a child.  I suppose the best way to price it would be to go on ebay and look for Disney collectibles,  check out the market, Because IMO it will be Disney collectors driving the price in the future.

I am not sure if it is such a great investment. I found something similar (In fact a very similar design) produced by another mint (RM, Royal mint?). Not sure what the mintage is on these. But on ebay it is selling for under $55 with free delivery!

Produced in 1988.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201066860840

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Filth, Not at all attractive to a 21 year old. I can see people buying this for the kids, nephews, e.t.c, but for flipping in the long term, I do not see nothing happening to this coin

Currymuncher, you're quite young for a stacker. Maybe you're precocious. By the way, I think your avatar is the best on this forum.

Having given you all that praise, I will balance that with a little criticism: 'I do not see nothing' is a double negative which is a grammatical error, I think you will find.

Currymuncher, you're quite young for a stacker. Maybe you're precocious. By the way, I think your avatar is the best on this forum.

Having given you all that praise, I will balance that with a little criticism: 'I do not see nothing' is a double negative which is a grammatical error, I think you will find.

It's like he's shaking your hand whilst he's weeing on your shoes.

The Gold ones of these sold out very quickly.  I was actually after a gold one, I was in limbo contemplating whether to click 'yes' or 'no' on the perth mint website and then it sold out just when I decided to go with 'yes' haha.  They were selling for $750AUD each at the Perth Mint and one has since already sold on eBay for $1150AUD.  That's a nice $400 profit right there, and the coins haven't even been released yet.  The guy on ebay did a "pre-sale".

I ended up buying one of the silver coins just for the heck of it because the gold sold out.  The silver one don't really appeal to me like the gold ones did to be honest, but we'll see how it goes.  I'll post some pictures when it arrives.  

Seems like these Disney collectors are too rich for the silver version.

Discounts / Offers

Archived