• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold going to the moon

mr-dead

and maybe silver in solar cells to power all the muscles?

my money is still on silver rising more.

(whatever gold can do silver can do better :) )

I don't think it'll be industrial demand that pushes gold

up higher but investment/hoarding demand. it's unique

properties makes it the best available to people as a

non changing store of value.

HH

To be honest the last thing I would want is for precious metals to head to the moon. It would price me right out of my hobby. Small sensible price rise would be okay though.

Yes exactly. A quick to the moon scenario for a few months and then back again would be great though, as long as we were told a few weeks in advance! :lol:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

To the Moon in September.Back up the truck in the next couple of months..When China does QE.that will be the trigger. Dollar collapses by late summer,stock the shelves,Fill up the car,stuff the mattress,fill the safe.With gold and silver.To the Mooooooon.

or

Same old same old

To the Moon in September.Back up the truck in the next couple of months..When China does QE.that will be the trigger. Dollar collapses by late summer,stock the shelves,Fill up the car,stuff the mattress,fill the safe.With gold and silver.To the Mooooooon.

or

Same old same old

I've got just the storage solution for you mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pirate-Chest-Treasure-Chest-Wooden-Storage-Box-Medium-/111624452350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fd55f8fe

$_57.JPG

I suspect that the "little known market event" that is supposed to send gold soaring is that the International Monetary Fund will announce that the Chinese yuan is to be included in the basket of currencies that make up the Special Drawing Rights. This is not much of a secret, since it is well known that the Chinese wish to be included and there has been quite a lot of discussion and commentary on the subject.

The consequences of this for gold are twofold. Firstly, it will reduce the demand for US dollars, because the dollar share of the basket will be reduced. This will in turn reduce the relative value of the dollar as a currency, so it will tend to increase the price of commodities, such as gold and oil, that are traditionally priced in US dollars. Secondly, it may also result in gold itself becoming one of the components of the basket, which will increase the demand for gold.

It is also possible that China will be asked to declare how much gold they are holding in their reserves. It is widely believed (and almost certainly true) that the Chinese have been aggressively accumulating gold in recent years and are holding a lot more than they have officially declared in the past. However, since the Chinese are still accumulating and don't wish the price to rise too much too soon, it is unlikely they will declare the full amount of their reserves yet. If asked, they may declare a modest amount, such as 4,000 tonnes, even if they really hold 15,000 or more. Consequently, any short term rise in the price of gold is likely to be small, unless of course there is a major event, such as a war in the Middle East or a big stock market crash.

I think the Saudi's taking Chinese,Russian or Euro Money as well as the Dollar for oil instead of just the petro Dollar will start a rise in Gold and  Gold will be a currency also.

Gold and silver will become scarcer as it is leaving on slow boat to China,Russia and India on a regular pace now at some point it has to go up due to demand and non availability.

In my opinion get it now while its available.but don't use debt to get it as debt in these times will bite you hard,get rid of debt first.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived