• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone done a Youtube Video?

Was a bit board today so decided to do a youtube video about different sizes of bars and coins and how they compare  :)

Not sure if I will do another its harder than it looks  :D

PS I sound really really boring  :mellow:

So what have other people done?

• Founder & Administrator

Awesome vid.

I have a 5g umicore gold bar as well, and it is ridiculously small! But in your video it looks huge against a 1g bar! That 10g gold bar looks like a monster compared to the 5g and 1g.

I used to have a YouTube channel, but removed my vids a while ago, and then lost the copies of them on my laptop which was a real shame. If I get a chance I will make some videos again in the future, would be good for bringing more members to the forum.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I have a you tube channel, but all my vids are of me playing my bass guitar! lol

If I get time one day I might make a video - if people are interested. What could I cover. I have all of the Pamp gold bars from 1g to 1Oz, would that interest people?

I have the first 3 coins in the rather brilliant South Gipsland Bullion Series of decent. I think this is my favourite set of coins so far. Might be hard to do a video on these though. Silver coins and their designs might be hard to capture?

Lets see. People have been asking about the sizes of the gold coins, would that be interesting?

Let me know your thoughts.

And if anyone wants to see my bass guitar, which is itself a rare and collectable 1982 vintage JV Squire...... ;) lol

I have a you tube channel, but all my vids are of me playing my bass guitar! lol

If I get time one day I might make a video - if people are interested. What could I cover. I have all of the Pamp gold bars from 1g to 1Oz, would that interest people?

I have the first 3 coins in the rather brilliant South Gipsland Bullion Series of decent. I think this is my favourite set of coins so far. Might be hard to do a video on these though. Silver coins and their designs might be hard to capture?

Lets see. People have been asking about the sizes of the gold coins, would that be interesting?

And if anyone wants to see my bass guitar, which is itself a rare and collectable 1982 vintage JV Squire...... ;) lol

I think you should stick to the music.

Not bad at all for a first video.

Useful for newbies showing the comparisons, especially the small gold bars.

At least you didn't pause to answer a phone call or door bell like some time wasters on Youtube.

Loved it.

Was a bit board today so decided to do a youtube video about different sizes of bars and coins and how they compare  :)

Not sure if I will do another its harder than it looks  :D

PS I sound really really boring  :mellow:

So what have other people done?

Good video well done.

Annoyingly the PM videos with the highest view counts are generally the ones saying that PM's will plunge and about how much of a waste of time buying them - especially silver - is in terms of investment.

I've ran a couple of Youtube channels in the past based around gaming so I used screencapture software rather than physical recording equipment.

Annoyingly the PM videos with the highest view counts are generally the ones saying that PM's will plunge and about how much of a waste of time buying them - especially silver - is in terms of investment.

Those guys will be very quiet within 20 years if my plan comes to pass.

Those guys will be the ones scraping pennies together with a state pension in 20 years.

I certainly hope so anyway.

As soon as silver hits £20, and if the climate is right, I'm stashing the silver safe and starting investing in stocks. Just to diversify.

Stacker since 2013

Indeed, there's intense debate in the Youtube comments on those videos which actually is beneficial to the content producer. How Youtube works is if you monetise your content - which can be done if it includes zero copywrited material and a couple of other things which are a bit complicated right now - you get paid a fixed amount per 1,000 views. So if you create a video like that off your own back about silver being worthless, it attracts all the detractors (who want to nod and twist the knife) AND the supporters (to defend their corner) who have a huge argument in the comments and it can (if the video is popular enough) split into dozens of arguments involving dozens of people, all of which are clicking back onto your video to defend their cause causing the viewcount to skyrocket and, hence, the income to the producer.

They may have watched your video once, but they may come back 20 - 30 times because of the debate. The same effect occurs if the video is titled something like "Silver to bolt to $100 per oz", people like to tell other people they are wrong.

Videos demonstrating collections, coins, purchases only attract the odd detractor so the debate effect is far smaller, although the audience is generally much more amicable, factor in the networking effect of simply being on good terms with other PM based Youtubers who all tell eachother to check out whatever website and it can be a nice area.

Building an audience on Youtube is an excruciatingly slow process however, but networking can speed it up.

I don't watch those videos myself because i'm comfortable with what i'm doing, that and the fact that when anyone tells me things like that in the news about investing in whatever I get a bit suspicious about their motives, do they really want me to make money or do they want me to facilitate the environment for them to make money?

Indeed, there's intense debate in the Youtube comments on those videos which actually is beneficial to the content producer. How Youtube works is if you monetise your content - which can be done if it includes zero copywrited material and a couple of other things which are a bit complicated right now - you get paid a fixed amount per 1,000 views. So if you create a video like that off your own back about silver being worthless, it attracts all the detractors (who want to nod and twist the knife) AND the supporters (to defend their corner) who have a huge argument in the comments and it can (if the video is popular enough) split into dozens of arguments involving dozens of people, all of which are clicking back onto your video to defend their cause causing the viewcount to skyrocket and, hence, the income to the producer.

They may have watched your video once, but they may come back 20 - 30 times because of the debate. The same effect occurs if the video is titled something like "Silver to bolt to $100 per oz", people like to tell other people they are wrong.

Videos demonstrating collections, coins, purchases only attract the odd detractor so the debate effect is far smaller, although the audience is generally much more amicable, factor in the networking effect of simply being on good terms with other PM based Youtubers who all tell eachother to check out whatever website and it can be a nice area.

Building an audience on Youtube is an excruciatingly slow process however, but networking can speed it up.

I don't watch those videos myself because i'm comfortable with what i'm doing, that and the fact that when anyone tells me things like that in the news about investing in whatever I get a bit suspicious about their motives, do they really want me to make money or do they want me to facilitate the environment for them to make money?

I don't know if things have changed. But when I was on YouTube you didn't get paid a fixed amount per 1000 views, you got paid per ad impression view. I.e. 1000 views of an ad. Seemed like they randomly placed ads in videos, some videos had a larger amount of ads per views, some videos had no ads even if they had a large amount of views.

So even if a video was popular it might not have a single embedded ad, and therefore wouldn't earn a single penny.

I think I earned nearly £0.34 from my entire time on YouTube. And I had a lot of videos. So I think anyone pointing you to the direction of their video is because they want viewers for the fact that it is a hobby which they enjoy and they want lots of people to share that hobby, I certainly for one wasn't doing it for the 34p lol.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

No one has mentioned the lack of gloves in the video,

Discounts / Offers

You definitely can get paid a fixed amount for 1,000 views but it then gets into the issue of what exactly counts as a 'view' with respect to how long someone watches the video, ad revenue is more profitable but it depends on what kind of ads they are. If they are 'filler' ads which are randomly generated for your video then you get very little, however if they are targeted (some company is specifically paying for the ad space on your videos) then that's worth more, but very hard to get.

Getting paid an ok amount on Youtube can be done, it just takes a very long time to reach that.

Archived