• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1989 proof half sov

lightjaw

Got mine on Ebay last year for £268.95 delivered - including box and coa

Seems about the same as what they're selling for now at auction

You can get them a bit cheaper without the coa/box

Looking at the sold section I notice this I think someone bought a box & coa - No coin for £199 unaware  :mellow:

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I saw them in taxfree gold for about 250 without postage the other day. I dunno if they come with the box and coa but u could always ring them in the morning and ask.

I think I have one with coa etc and at least one without. I might be tempted to sell. I'll need to check if I have got one and how much I paid for it before deciding.

I'd be surprised if Chards would sell one with COA for 250, perhaps one without.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Got mine on Ebay last year for £268.95 delivered - including box and coa

Seems about the same as what they're selling for now at auction

You can get them a bit cheaper without the coa/box

Looking at the sold section I notice this I think someone bought a box & coa - No coin for £199 unaware  :mellow:

I would say they're averaging closer to £300 but two went at auction yesterday and today for £350 followed by £260, weird place this Ebay.

I would say they're averaging closer to £300 but two went at auction yesterday and today for £350 followed by £260, weird place this Ebay.

I was wondering if that was because they didn't put half in the title - "500th Anniversary of the First Gold Sovereign 1489-1989"

All though you can see in the pic the COA said half and it said it couple times in the listing page 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Well thanks all. Rather keen on having the original box and coa if possible. My funds are not huge,so this would be a big purchase for me. 285-300 is about the range I am looking at, don't really want to break the 300 barrier if possible!

I missed out on one for just over £400 with postage recently.  Sick as a parrot.

I can imagine!

I've always wanted one of these in box with COA myself for completeness but refuse to pay the silly prices. I have a 3 coin set which will just have to do. :)

Archived