• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you addicted to buying silver coins.

motorbikez

Nice one Chris :) ,I'll hang on to it for the time being unless some comes up with 4 lunar ONE 2oz proofs that i'm after :P

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my target is 100 oz by the end of 2014, I’m at 70 already.

and I’m looking at buying another 13.

i think ill have to slow down. i have an addictive personality... 

like others have said. it feels like I’m putting money into savings. a good hobby to have. especially at todays prices. i know when the price goes up to 13 I’m not buying... i usually buy below 12. so the way I’m justifying it is the low price. and the collectors value of the coins i will sell up end of 2015.

ps one of my peregrine falcons has already developed milk spots. beware guys.

If your not that into them then I might have to make you an offer for that gold roo soon then Motorbikz :P;)

I am thinking about buying a 2013 from Atkinsons soon, they have them for about the same price as the 2014, and then picking up a 2014 towards the end of this year.

I'm very interested in my gold coins and I have a 2012 gold roo.

Like your silver roo mind.

I'm very interested in my gold coins and I have a 2012 gold roo.

Like your silver roo mind.

Thats my 2012 gold roo Cointreau bad photo but you can just make out the last word being gold. :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I to have noticed milk spots coming back with a vengeance on my falcons and maples. Such a shame.

Yikes :o , I've only had my falcon for a few weeks, still pristine in its plastic flip..  maybe getting it into an air-tite capsule asap might help (?)

I have a few tubes of  2013 Maples (purchased a year ago) and put the RCM tube into something called an Air-Tube.  I decided to save money and pass on buying individual air-tite capsules for these coins since they're basically common govt. issued bullion.  I looked over my Maples last week and didn't notice any milk spotting.   After a year, so far so good. :)

I would say 20% of my falcons are showing milk spots. In the beginning they were perfect. I just sell them as damaged silver on ebay and get about the same price that replacements cost. Its a 1-1 swap.  :)

My milk spotted maples and Noah's didn't do particularly well on eBay this morning.

£168 for the 10 maples and £67 for the four Noah's.

Minus fees and shipping, I should scrape spot for them lol.

Stacker since 2013

Hi DB

I have checked them and there are no visible spots, but I will break the seal in say 3 months time and check, then re-seal again.

I hope you are right Keith. If a milk spot free way of storage is found, it would be very helpful to lots of stackers.

The only thing that gets me, there are loads of people with spot free 2013 maples out there, and all 10 of mine were very badly spotted after about 6 months. They were perfect when they arrived.

That's in a safe with much moisture absorbers and capsules round the coins.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

If your maples are spotted then they are spotted, they don't develop spots over time, just the spots become visible.

Who knows, maybe they all have some sort of spotting, but it only shows after a while after the coin has been kept at a certain temperature or something.

Speaking about spotting I created a new thread about elephant spots. I hope there are a lot rarer than maple spots.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

Semantics in my book, a spot isn't a spot until you can see it.

Is a sound still a sound if there is no one around to hear it....

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived