• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you addicted to buying silver coins.

motorbikez

I know I am,I used to buy virtually every week sometimes 2 weeks but no longer.

I am trying to be more selective and disciplined and buy what I actually need to complete a set,but i am finding it increasingly difficult to source specific coins and am looking to buy things just for the sake of it.

Is this you :)  I'll be buying sovereigns next. :D

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator

I am definitely addicted, already planned out some of my next purchases.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Oh I think so yes. :)

I don't think I go 24 hours without thinking about what to buy next. Wouldn't have it any other way now.

You've a legitimate excuse Klacey as you are primarily a seller :) what about the rest of us,I wonder if I could get signed into a silver clinic and be given silver coins on a daily basis then weekly until I was cured. :D

You've a legitimate excuse Klacey as you are primarily a seller :) what about the rest of us,I wonder if I could get signed into a silver clinic and be given silver coins on a daily basis then weekly until I was cured. :D

Ha ha this is indeed true, doesn't make my addiction any less though. I just found a way to justify it to everyone around me.  :lol:

It is very addictive and I have spent £2k + this year already.

I need to sloooooooooowww down.

But on the other hand it is not as though you have thrown your money away it is still there and hopefully it will go up in time.

Thanks Mr Klacey now I am on the hunt for 5 z Freedom Girls.

Keith

I need to sloooooooooowww down.

But on the other hand it is not as though you have thrown your money away it is still there and hopefully it will go up in time.

Thanks Mr Klacey now I am on the hunt for 5 z Freedom Girls.

Keith

Your most welcome Keith. So how about that new standing freedom girl round. Looks really nice. Oops, I'm guessing you didn't want to hear that.  :lol:

Snap and i have a lot less funds now due to my X :( but for that elusive coin or must have coin I can always find some cash :D

I think we are all addicted :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I think we are all addicted :)

I think you are right there Chris,at least what we buy is interesting and worth a few bob,my X wife was addicted to shopping and would come home virtually every day with 4 or 5 plastic bags full of crap she had bought from clothes/shoe shops,often she didn't even open the stuff she'd bought.

I think you are right there Chris,at least what we buy is interesting and worth a few bob,my X wife was addicted to shopping and would come home virtually every day with 4 or 5 plastic bags full of crap she had bought from clothes/shoe shops,often she didn't even open the stuff she'd bought.

When i go shopping with my wife i hold her hand it is not affection it is to stop her walking into shops.

60ish diff coins and also a few rolls here and there for future gains and bartering.

Fair play, that's some big buying.

I have been stacking / collecting for 18 months and your stack is probably bigger than mine.

So with the "bartering" comment, are you a SHTF stacker?

Stacker since 2013

Ah I see.

Look forward to seeing your wares in the trade section.

Will be some years yet.  Most of it is PM Lunar 2 so they'll come in handy in a future years especially if silver prices go up but it is heavily reliant on new collectors wanting to back date.

but it is heavily reliant on new collectors wanting to back date.

I really don't think you will have any problems there MZ.

I see silver gaining in popularity, and gold gaining in price which will push small stackers to silver.

I know quite a few modern stackers back-dating right now, and I also know a few "old time" stackers that are laughing to the bank.

Maybe we will be doing the same in 25 years.

Stacker since 2013

I think gold is more addictive. Definitely.

Bet that 2014 Gold roo is real nice to look at.

What chou on about cointreau,I've got a few 1 oz gold coins including a roo,panda,and a handful of krugers, 9 ozs altogether but i'm not that interested in them.They are more of an investment and i'd drop any of them instantly for a particular silver coin I was after.

Anyway here's a pic of my 2012 1oz roo

P1020127_zpseba94ec8.jpg

What chou on about cointreau,I've got a few 1 oz gold coins including a roo,panda,and a handful of krugers, 9 ozs altogether but i'm not that interested in them.They are more of an investment and i'd drop any of them instantly for a particular silver coin I was after.

Anyway here's a pic of my 2012 1oz roo

P1020127_zpseba94ec8.jpg

If your not that into them then I might have to make you an offer for that gold roo soon then Motorbikz :P;)

I am thinking about buying a 2013 from Atkinsons soon, they have them for about the same price as the 2014, and then picking up a 2014 towards the end of this year.

Discounts / Offers

Archived