• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GuardHouse cases - what do you think?

• Founder & Administrator

What do you think of this storage method? I think it's quite interesting. This is what I want for 10oz and kilo coins! (shame they don't make those sizes)

post-1-0-29478800-1425481370_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-43789600-1425481363_thumb.jpg

Found them on the air-tite site here: http://www.air-tites.com/coin-capsule-storage-boxes.html#.VPceAYe1Z75

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I bought a single row one for the H capsules.  My plan was to put my 1oz gold into it but had a change of plan and went with the album instead.

They are a neat way to store capsules as it takes up less room than a case but gives easier access than tubes.  A bit of a compromise between the two.

post-94-0-69876300-1425483925_thumb.jpg

Keith, I was going to post this earlier - think its a better and cheaper solution compared to the cardboard cases.

Yes I do unless you want to display them, but you would buy a real fancy display box then.

As you say Doogs a cheaper but more robust solution IMHO.

Ha ha!! Looks like the makers of the old photographic slide storage boxes have finally found a new use for their stuff!! lol No - actually I think these are great, I would love to have all my stuff in boxes like these. Brilliant. Although they would very much increase the space required to accommodate your stack, wouldn't they?! Hmmmm....

Would be hell of a project though, transferring all my coins into airtights and boxing them up!

EOI: Anyone interested in a box like this for 10oz lunars or kooks, if I can get some?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Any of the right size for 2oz? I'd defo be up for one of those.

Storage Box Extra Large fits Air-tite Model I, Coinsafe and Guardhouse Extra Large Holders 

(Outside diameter is 2.03" or 51.59mm)

Too large?

Discounts / Offers

Too small.

Coin is 55.6mm (this is why you need to collect the 2oz) so OD is 59.5mm.

2oz doesn't fit in lighthouse cases? I have an idea. I will PM you.

Discounts / Offers

Lighthouse cases take up too much room, and no Airtite tubes fit them.

I have mine in a Tupperware box currently, and that really pecks my head.

Ok, but just to clarify, it is possible to get trays for the 2oz? I need to know, as anything that can't be stored in a lighthouse case is a nightmare to store. i.e. 10oz coins :lol:

Discounts / Offers

Ok, but just to clarify, it is possible to get trays for the 2oz? I need to know, as anything that can't be stored in a lighthouse case is a nightmare to store. i.e. 10oz coins :lol:

Yes, you can get them. Only for the large case.

Stacker since 2013

Thanks morezone. I quite like that wooden box, but I don't like the stamp on the top that much. If I got that particular box then I would have to backdate the 10oz lunars I have, and that would be expensive :lol: Would also annoy me that the kooks wouldn't be in a similar box.  :blink:

Discounts / Offers

Minimum order for a new production run is 500 pieces :lol:

Discounts / Offers

Can also confirm there are trays that fit 2oz kooks and lunars for lighthouse cases

You might like this, not as flash but does the same job and will hold around 200 coins in their capsules.

@ just £2.49 from home bargains what's not to like about them !!

Yes, you can get them. Only for the large case.

Can also confirm there are trays that fit 2oz kooks and lunars for lighthouse cases

This size tray sounds too small to me, diameter for this tray is only 50x50cm and I think the lunar series 2 2oz outside of their capsules are 55.6cm? http://www.coingallery.co.uk/blue-velvet-coin-tray-with-15-x-50mm-compartments-434-p.asp

Are these 2x8 trays for slabs the ones that you would suggest using? http://www.coingallery.co.uk/blue-velvet-coin-tray-with-64mm-x-86mm-compartments-432-p.asp

Discounts / Offers

I'm sure my trays are 55mm but will have a check later for you, might be worth mailing them they might just be out of stock, as coin gallery is where I got mine from

I'm sure my trays are 55mm but will have a check later for you, might be worth mailing them they might just be out of stock, as coin gallery is where I got mine from

55mm would be too small for 2oz lunars Daz, they are almost 60mm.

The ones I had from CG were 65mm, like the one in the link below but blue. Holds 12 coins (thankfully).

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/COIN-TRAY-FOR-12-COINS-OR-MEDALS-UP-TO-65mm-COVER-P12-/280645093326

Stacker since 2013

Thanks. Have emailed coin gallery to see if they have 65x65mm trays as they aren't on their website.

Discounts / Offers

Archived