• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Updating my website, feedback needed.

klacey

Hi guys, I'm currently giving my website a much needed make over and would like feedback on making it better.

So far

• the theme is completely new
  • a search engine has been added
  • slider on featured items added
  • taken out blog look to site

would like feedback on current look and what else could improve on what Ive done.

I will be adding

• order to the coins/rounds, as they are all over the place
  • prices will be adjusted for coins, rounds likely to stay the same.
  • removing free delivery, I don't like the idea of it not being insured. (undecided)

any other thoughts?

Well, it looks a ton better that's for sure mate.

My suggestions (apologies if some are already implemented): -

Show all coins, and not have to choose a country first.

Don't show so many upcoming stuff or pre-orders, have say a rolling banner of sorts with upcoming stuff and focus the homepage on special stuff you do have.

Possibly reduce costs of things like maples that you can get cheap to draw people into an order.

The special 1oz for £20 needs to be price reduced and only have one coin. It's not so special if there are 10 to choose from.

List proper contact details and ditch the contact form. Nobody likes them.

Make the rolling banner you do have clickable to the item or items.

Available now products on the left could be stopped from rolling and listed down the page instead.

Change silver bullion to silver coins as you already have silver bars.

Keep free shipping, even if it's built in. I like free shipping, but it has to at least be 1st class signed for.

Bigger & better site logo at the top, maybe a tad more professional.

KL, I know it sounds like I'm being critical here but I'm just trying to be constructive.

D

Stacker since 2013

Looking pretty good to me,

I am not a big fan of all things moving at the same time, as i dont realy can concentrate me when it flashes allover.

I think for it to look more legit, i think you need a name, e-mail address and maybe a phone number up.

I would love to see a " coming soon or incoming " tab, so people can see what is on the way.

I do think you are on the right way to be a great bullion provider for UK and if you can get a few obscure coins in there at the right price rest of EU will find you.

Well done and good luck

Thank guys, yeah the scrolling will be taken down and only the main page will have a featured slider.

I will have a better logo, but right now not my main worry.

I will also take down so many menus to coins and make it one click and your there.

It will take time but with your help it will look class. My web skills are very noobish so please bare with me. :)

Also if you get some air-tites home, you can offer to take home more sizes and show whats available.

I think many wold be interested as its so expensive to take only a few from the US themself.

Maybe you can get in contact with Air-tites and become a authorised EU distributor for them.

Just remember: ROM wasnt built in one day :P

Thanks guys keep the feedback coming.

I like the idea on becoming authorised distributor of air-tites. I have a feeling being such a small fry its beyond me.

My main aim is to get as many customers as possible, get a decent profit and return profits into business. Rinse and repeat. My guess is this will take a number of years to be in any decent size to really compete.

Scrollers have now been removed. Im thinking quick menus to the right hand side. Thoughts?

Do you know that if you go shop->silver bullion->Australia only the koalas show up?

I do yes mate, but thank you for pointing it out. Because im limiting menus, i have removed sub sections like lunar, kooks etc. They will all show up under Australian coins.

Thank you for pointing it out though and please tell me if you see more. I can easily miss something.

Hi Klacey

I would make the logo bigger and bolder.

I would also definitely add contact details at the top as these are very import and things people need to know.

Would also put the SPECIAL as the next item, make it worth there while to click the link.

Then list all your coins in the one page just let it scroll.

I like colour give it a bit more!!

Keith

Hi Klacey

I would make the logo bigger and bolder.

I would also definitely add contact details at the top as these are very import and things people need to know.

Would also put the SPECIAL as the next item, make it worth there while to click the link.

Then list all your coins in the one page just let it scroll.

I like colour give it a bit more!!

Keith

Thanks Keith. Yeah adding contact details i need to sort out. Email for sure, phone number not so much. I still work full time and cant have my phone going off all the time. Until I can see this turning into a full time job, I will have to keep it the way it is. But you are correct, it would look far more professional.

Colour, I will get on that. It does look flat.

I think white or a very light grey is good, but you need to fill it over more.

I like Atkinsons website to be honest.

Have a look at it for some little tips.

Yeah I agree. I'm trying to get my head round all the settings and what does what. Right now it is to small.

I do think you are getting somewhere though buddy, it has improved loads in the last 24 hours.

Thank you buddy, appreciate that.

I was looking at how you can increase the size of the webpage and it sounds like a great deal of work. So I will hold off on that just now.

I will look into that guys. Right now im having to do all on the cheap, so nothing will happen quickly in professionally looking logos etc. I will have to try and do it myself and run it past you guys

Dan look at my latest slider. You might like it. :)

But so far so good. Thank you all for the feedback, it is really helpful.

I assume you already use a photoeditor software like Photoshop but if not try the free Microsoft Paint.NET

You can do a lot with logos, artwork and photo merging etc. once you have mastered the basics using layers.

I like the Aurinum site because you can see the coins sorted by price, etc

I dislike on Atkinsons site coins that are out of stock not having a banner over them.

Archived