• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gods and Goddeses

paperponzi

Was thinking of picking up a Hera coin first release of goddess series on secondary market but all seem to be around double release price and 500 higher mintage than the gods series doesn't leave to much upside all that a part they do look like a work of art and well presented to enjoy from a collecting point of view has anyone picked up any of the series

• Founder & Administrator

I am collecting this series as well.

I ended up with 3 of the Hera coins from various dealers. Two I managed to get by accident at release date (one was from Perth Mint but I didn't realise I had boguht it as the order appeared not to go through, another was from a dealer in Australia who had limited stock at release, and the third I paid a lot from a dealer in Germany) So I have a spare ones. 

https://en.emk.com/artikel/0/32895/tuvalu-2015 I think they charge about 9.95€ for shipping. I can sell you one for 5€ lower than the total price they are asking currently. (Total converted into GBP) This is only about 10€ more than the price I paid from another dealer in Germany. This is to cover the postage cost of the coin from me to you.

Currently the lowest price of Hera on eBay UK is £222 inc shipping. There is also one at £249. But these have been listed for a few weeks, no current sales. Probably the price is a little ambitious as it's so soon after release and they can be bought cheaper elsewhere currently (from EMK for example)

I also have a Poseidon coin that I currently have listed on eBay, I am open to offers, send me a PM if interested.

If you are interested in the Poseidon and/or the Hera shoot me a private message.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thanks Chris already took the plunge I bought from erk too worked out a bit trumpy though as they would only take bank wire on these wound up costing me £175 as I threw some other bits in the basket also.Untill I get coin in hand don't know if I'm going to get whole series Zeus and Poseidon designs look good not so sure on hades first coin normally does better than the rest Untill the hype dies down flippers sell and coins get in hands of true collectors it's hard to assess what true price discovery will be on this series so it's a bit of a punt at the moment.Might try to get second coin from oz dealer presume you got yours from dowries haven't bought silver from oz before but bought the mrs a pair of uggs via oz before and whacked for vat and po charges before but may be worth it at around release price long term 5 years I think series may get cult following the presentation is flawless people will always pay extra for quality will be interesting to see if they release bullion versions

Nice purchase! If you manage to buy one at release from either Perth Mint or Downies you will most likely get hit with a VAT charge, though I still think it works out cheaper than if buying in the EU.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

if anyone likes the concept of the Greek gods but perth series out of their reach,there is another series out there that has gone under the radar a bit it's by NZ mint started in 2013 Niue Island 2 oz proofs rectangular in shape mounted in a display column 5 coin series last one due out soon,maybe a lot slower burner than the perth series but as a display set at home a nice bit of eye candy still available at reasonable prices from emk

• 4 weeks later...

if anyone likes the concept of the Greek gods but perth series out of their reach,there is another series out there that has gone under the radar a bit it's by NZ mint started in 2013 Niue Island 2 oz proofs rectangular in shape mounted in a display column 5 coin series last one due out soon,maybe a lot slower burner than the perth series but as a display set at home a nice bit of eye candy still available at reasonable prices from emk

Number 5 has recently been released  http://www.nzmint.com/coins/shop-online/gods-ancient-greece-apollo-2-oz-silver-coin

Time will tell if the market will warm to this series or not, but seeing all five are still available from the mint I'm not going to hold my breath,

Hay-ho!......... The way I look at it; at the end of the day we have got a free  DIY Parthenon kit for our troubles :)

Two different series from different mints. Gets confusing in the same topic. Luckily one is rectangle and one is round, otherwise would be more confusing  :)

Discounts / Offers

I'm sure the NZ ones are great but at the end of the day, I collect coins and in my book, coins are round not rectangular. If that's OCD then that's just me! :lol:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Hera price is going to drop in a few months, just wait it out..

Why do you think this? Are you suspecting that the 2nd coin in the series won't be a good one? Or that you suspect lots of people who bought will mass sell at that time?

Discounts / Offers

Why do you think this? Are you suspecting that the 2nd coin in the series won't be a good one? Or that you suspect lots of people who bought will mass sell at that time?

The mintage is higher and most of the people buying from Perth on release are only buying to flip it.  The collectors want it as fast as possible, then once the collectors get what they want, the price will slowly drift down and the people wanting to flip will just accept a lower price to get rid of it..  You can see the trending of prices on ebay, started with around $300 average for Hera, now it's like 220-250.. soon 200 to 220.. 

The mintage is higher and most of the people buying from Perth on release are only buying to flip it.  The collectors want it as fast as possible, then once the collectors get what they want, the price will slowly drift down and the people wanting to flip will just accept a lower price to get rid of it..  You can see the trending of prices on ebay, started with around $300 average for Hera, now it's like 220-250.. soon 200 to 220.. 

The 2nd coin might create more demand though and boost prices. Also, not sure if the goddesses is also a 3 coin series? But I can see Perth Mint offering very similar other coins like this, which could increase the demand for the gods/goddesses. Mintage is still relatively low for these. Long term the coins that seem to do the best are those in continuing sets. i.e. Lunars. 

Discounts / Offers

Archived