• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

full sovereign watch

craig12

I wonder if Atkinson's are losing customers, with there prices.For sure they aren't selling much silver since stg came along.They seem to be taking the p..s with premiums,even tough i still have a order to pick up. Got an email alert for the 2002 sovereign shields for £197.52 ,i placed  an order for 5,knowing the price was £213 at the time of order,i had sent a email to Atkinson's about the price they sent me .The next day they contacted me regarding the price and said the it was technical error and that was the spot price.They would not drop the price below £213,and that is for posting as well ,even tough i am picking the coins up.Like i said earlier they are starting to take the p..s and i have spent some serious money  with them in last couple of years. I shall be having words with Paul when i see him. I think they are struggling to get costumers . Not to forget there V.A.T on second hand silver,what a joke. 

I wonder if Atkinson's are losing customers, with there prices.

I think their prices are pretty fair on the whole, they're middle of the road

I was surprised at the premiums of the britannia's they put up though, but at £216 the 2002 sovereigns were pretty good 

If you want a real bargain HGM is obviously the one to watch. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

looks like atkinsons are beating hgm at the moment by a couple of quid  bbp have a nice one on their so called sale    victoria jubilee head around £226  looks really nice

50p saver  it all counts     ats have the vic jubilee head on at £ 225.50  free del

vic old head around a similar price  think its called a veiled head

£203.22 ats bullion 1974-1982 sovs free del  1 minimum

im going to add a new monitor for the guys with serious dosh 

ats bullio  1974-1982  on 5s  £199.34

atkinsons                    on 5s  £198.34

i think it may be easier to quote all in prices as most customers cant collect in person

Agreed Craig, can people please only post delivered prices, or both if you wish - collected price, and delivered price.

Maybe we will be seeing some sub £200 delivered sovereigns soon!!!

Stacker since 2013

I haven't bought anything this year due to precarious work situation ( I am a contractor in oil and gas and project may be canned)

But I am sorely tempted at these prices to jump back in to buying Sovereigns :)

Yes I am the same JC1989 I am in Qatar at present but my contract is up in the middle of May, so I am currently looking for work.

I haven't bought anything this year due to precarious work situation ( I am a contractor in oil and gas and project may be canned)

But I am sorely tempted at these prices to jump back in to buying Sovereigns :)

Keep the faith and hang in there!   There are early signs that CapEx projects are being rescheduled and even a few FEED have started on larger upstream projects.

We use a modelling tool that initially directed us ( Saudi Aramco) to take a moratorium on all projects outwards for the next three years, and with around 75% of projects deferred or canned. Model is run every quarter, and the latest indications are that on a global level the three year downturn was overplayed and that a normalization of oil price to around  the $55-$75 BOE price level would be seen from the end of quarter three of this year. 

Thus I think the downturn is not going to be as hard hitting as first thought, but the mid stream and particularly the high cost projects such as shale fields,tar sand, GTL etc are going to take longer to come back on the books. The outlook at the moment is dire, and with RigZone and OilCareers barely having any things going. Not a good time to be a Contractor in the industry, and even in a staff position I think it is very much a case of except by the grace of god and better the devil you know - good luck! 

We are in detailed design and have slowed down massively focussing on savings across the project. The thing in my favour is that I am looking after some live contracts so someone needs to take of this.

But as a contractor I am not relaxing yet. Its been two weeks since the big meeting where bosses said there would be reductions.

I am hoping for a rate reduction rather than been let go.......

The project I working on is based in KAZ so there is political will for it to go ahead. If I can ride out the next six months things will be ok.

I think the industry does tend to panic like you say. The first talk of a downturn and projects get canned left right and centre!

thanks for the info its the first positive outlook I have heard in a while....

Are you on the North Caspian Project based out of Atyrau ? 

Worked on this for a couple of years, and it was an eye opener working with ENI. As you rightly say the Kaz government want their cut, and it has been very much a case of jam  tomorrow for the last decade or so. At the end of the day they want their money.

Archived